A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Rollcanvas III: Discussion Thread

ooooooooo, so we'll rotate to each of the members for authentic sigs. Ok im on the same boat now. Ok well, thats feasible I suppose

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

not too hard to do I imagine.
    I print 30 empty pieces of paper with blank signature fields, give it to the first member, he signs all 30 of em, and gives em to the next guy and so on. the last person mails them all to me, and i mail one piece out to each person.

the most each person pays is the cost of a national stamp... except for me... i gotta get like, 31 national stamps... or international.. hmm. but its okay. id be glad to shell out the cash for something that kewl... it'll give us all something to walk away with.
    "Good lord, you're wasting thousands of dollars worth of Interferon!"
    "... and you're Interferon with our good time!"

I think it would be neater if it wasn't just an excel spredsheet with signature boxes on it. ie if it looked neat, or if it said RollCanvas III or something.

Just a thought. Otherwise, I'm on board.

theres no reason one of us couldn't include a book of stamps (after all, you are printing the damn things). So if this goes through I'll mail you the stamps.

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

It would be pretty cool if you could make like a header on it with rollCanvas 3 and stuff, doesn't have to be fancy, it'd just be cool to have something with everyone's signatures on it, you get that "This letter traveled all around the world" feel that's awesome.

EDIT :

And yeah for all of us that are in the US of A I would totally include some stamps in the envelope for the next person, that way we don't have to run to the post office to get stamps, they would be right there handy. Just send the letter to the farthest person on the westcoast, which would be me I think I'm in Seattle, and then make a link on the map for the next person and next and so forth and each of us could just include like 2 or 3 stamps in the next envelope, would be faster and convinient. Just an idea though.
    Last edited by noiselab; 02-04-2006 at 10:07 PM.

Interesting idea, and somewhat ambi tious... I'd be amazed if those 30 papers aren't rather grungy looking by the end. What would be really cool(and even less feasable) is if it were 30 prints of the canvas, with a signature area below each image. Mmmmmm.
    >flashl!ght<
    All the normal names were taken.
    Ron Paul was right.

Aw flashlight you bizn**ch, that does sound awesome, a little more cash involved, but that's a sweet idea.

yeah, i thinkn that would work out more. Plus the quality would be higher. I really don't mind scanning my signature in and sending it.

the signatures will be expensive for overseas members.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

international mail isnt *too* expensive... its only a couple of bucks, if not less. and a few people have decided to pitch in and help each other with stamps...

well I was thinking the sheets that go around wern't gonna be plain. they'd have borders, a small message, a nice header. but it'd be all black n white... i simply cant afford enough color ink for you all...

unless prehaps everyone pitched in a few bucks via paypal to get some nice shiny color prints. I got some photo paper as well so, that would be double cool. might be a bit hard to sign. might need a fineline marker... which i do have but im sure not everyone does.

keeping in mind that the documents are going to have to fold to fit in a standard envelope... otherwise postage costs go right thru the roof.

of course the likelyness of everyone shelling out is VERY unlikely. I think we can expect people to mail around something of importance provided they get something out of it in the end... but to dish out cash for an optional extra would be something not everyone would be prepared to do.

I dont think we have to worry about the paper getting too grungy either. provided everyone cleans, and rigorously dries their hands afterwoods we should be fine. that might be a bit to ask. but ill be doing that anyway.
    Last edited by TheWaste; 02-05-2006 at 01:37 AM.

I dont know, the idea of everyones coffee cup rings, and little finger prints might be kinda cool.

And since no one else has stepped up. I'll go first. (Ugh, the the crappiest pic over and done with so that the real talent can get to work)
    Just need confirmation on weather or no we will be working with a theme or if its completely open.

No themes peoples. Style is completely up to the author... even if its something like pixelart, or painting... as long as you *try* and keep the roll 'stiches' with the best continuity you can...

edit: and good job Nats for volunteering for first place. Don't worry, its all in the name of fun. I like the idea of the coffee stains and fingerprints and such. lipstick stains would be funny too. Gerbicks got that covered

Just kiddin mang
    Last edited by TheWaste; 02-05-2006 at 02:27 AM.

So that’s a go-ahead then?

whats a go ahead? you going first, there being no themes, making stains on the signature pages... to which to you refer?

Apologies for jumping the gun.
    I had some free time now, so I thought I'd sit down and work.
    Sorta inspired by an illustration by Graham Ward.
    Last edited by Natsia; 02-05-2006 at 07:07 AM.

Wow, that was fast. Looks very cool from what I can see!

About the mailing signatures thing.
    I am not sure if it will work out... not necesarily a cash for stamps issue, I just wonder if everyone will actually do it.

Just my opinion.

Whatevery you guys decide to do is cool by me.

Thanks Ad.

I think one piece of paper would be alot cooler.

Say waste signs and sends the bit of paper, leaves his mark. and leaves maybe a few local stamps and international stamps. if you have stamps handy throw a few in, if not just use one of the ones in there.

then this bit of paper travels the world and gets its own character, its own life. then a high res scan is provided and the original sent out in a bottle? lol.

(i was serious about all of that, bar the bottle... just bin the sucker)
    subgenius.com

bottle would be funny. imagine if one of us found it :|

and I'll make the address list, and anyone who doesnt wanna do it, will take to long to do it, or dont think they would bother, shouldnt add their addy to the list.

we'll all worry about this later methinks. wait until this fk'er is finished

(by fk'er i meant flashkitter... yup. sure did...)

Are we going to start this now?