A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Web Site Problem

Web Site Problem

I'm in a Counter-Strike clan who has just decided to make a nice layout to replace the filth we have now. The leader, who has some experience with graphical design, made a wicked layout in psd format, with over 90 layers. He wants the thing fixed up and animated with flash, and me, being the only one with any flash experience, was chosen for the task. Unfortunately, I don't even know where to start. If I import the psd into flash, will all the layers stay with it, or will I have to save and import each individual layer (which is something I will not do)? Animating it shouldn't be a problem, but I have no idea how I'm going to start, or how I'm going to get some of the things we have now working (search bar, news, and other text related things especially). Any help you can give this n00b would be much appreciated. I'll upload and post the psd layout if need be.

Hi dont import the psd, just flatten the image and import as a png or jpeg, bits that will be animated, import those as separate items eg buttons (animated top banner)

the more you import the bigger the file size you could have flash buttons flash animated top banner and have the rest of the site simple html.

post a link yo the psd so we can see whats needed and whats not

bp

I have absolutely no experience with flash web design, so I appreciate the help. All I ever did was a few flash cartoons/games. This has been a bit frustrating and difficult for me. Here's a link (MegaUpload, sorry) to everything I was given on the layout. The layout and the images are copyrighted, so please don't anyone try and steal them.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9QK4345S

I have had a look at the design, I would build it as an html page and just have flash buttons, there isnt really a header as such to animate, possibly do something with the Crossfire image top left, but apart from that I would keep it pretty simple,l far easier to update.

heres a link that might be of interest, I think your leader bought a template

http://templates.bigwebmaster.com/we...site-3896.html

bp

So he lied to me, eh? Thanks for the tips. I'm a bit frustrated and annoyed at him, but I do like the layout. I'll continue posting if I need any further help.