A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [alpha] Lordrakes

Hybrid View

[alpha] Lordrakes

Here's an updated alpha of my flash RPG. Many of you have played this before...

Lordrakes

There's a few quests and things to do. Comments and any bugs found would be very much appreciated.

Know that the game has basically no animations done yet (only the bare essentials) so don't think everything is frozen in time. (Especially the main character's upper body :P).

Also there's a few shopkeepers in the city who share the same sprite, ignore that too.

The ambient sound loops are also still to come, for those of you who can't enjoy my midi soundtrack. (Only works with IE I think).

Well, I hope you enjoy it.
    Joey.
    Lordrakes Alpha - My Flash RPG.

Warcraft II death sounds, I see?
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

Yep, and many more too. All current sfx are taken from wcII/wcIII.
    The midi's are all original.

2KHeroes / Sylvaniah designer luxregina's Avatar
    I'm an avid fan of that game !

Wow, looks fantastic. It has inspired me... The only thing I found that possibly could have been a bug was that while I was talking to a guard, I think a thief was attacking me and I didn't know it. I couldn't tell if he was doing damage, but when I got done talking I just noticed that I was being attacked.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Isaac Newton
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Lux, haven't talked to you in a while... Cheers!!

TheLostGuru: Thanks, I'll check it out.

So, very very very few people are sucesfull in make a flash rpg,(in fact, i can remenber only two;this and two kingdons,( edited:cool, dont have to register, so i dont remember exactly why i didnt play but doenst matter)) and you did it!
    Hope to join the club one day!
    Last edited by Incrue; 02-04-2006 at 03:15 PM. Reason: leprechaun

Its looking much better than it did last time I saw it - I love all that eyecandy.

I like the click to move idea, it makes it easier to seamlessly use the menu then start moving straight away, and just makes it much more playable.

A few bugs/problems:

It says "enter" if you're going outside, or to a different area. Maybe make it say "leave" unless you are actually entering a building.

It can be quite hard to get into a battle - thugs just seem to move randomly for a while until you hit them, but before you do that, they'll move like crazy and take off damage whenever they walk past, making it quite difficult to click on them.

I got an error (see attachment) when I was fiddling around in the sound menu bit, not sure what happened - I turned the volume off, clicked on somthing else and it came up with that message. I didn't manage to do it again, so I don't know what was going on there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "wen i found my gerbil dead my other gerbil was eating it i just cried and screamed"
    http://www.livescripts.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by some moderator : Today at 9:01 PM.

2KHeroes / Sylvaniah designer luxregina's Avatar
    you don't "have" to register for Two Kingdoms : if you have no input, you will still be able to play, but not to keep track of the savegames, as they are stored online, hence the identification.
    but if you haven't played, you should wait that the new, complete version is online ...don't waste your time on the old 2K ...

But yeah, I think Lordrakes is looking damn sweet : i can't wait to play the full version !!!

Quote Originally Posted by luxregina
    ... you should wait that the new, complete version is online ...don't waste your time on the old 2K ...
    What?! :O

I found a bug, a thief in the map north of Tiqvah Inn was stuck on a tree. He was pushed down to the ground when I reentered though.
    Love the game
    Last edited by Kianis; 02-05-2006 at 02:52 PM.
    // Mazapán, my portfolio

Awsome game, everything looks very good

I have one bug to report however, when I got the shield from that guy (the one who takes the apple and flour), my inventory was filled with shields, 1 shield equipped, and another shield went on the ground. I'll attach a screenshot.

Good job,
    ~MD
    Attached Images Attached Images

Crashlanding: Is it not possible to enter a new area by leaving a building?
    That's a very strange bug, I have absolutely no idea how that happened. I honestly can't remember puting calling map-changing functions in my toggle sound functions. About the enemy ai, there's a few issues with that. I'll probably need to redo the timing of their pathfinding.

MD004: Damn.. how'd I let that bug go? It often pops up and I squish it every now and then. I musn't have checked it since I did something drastic... :S
    I'll fix it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifritt
    Crashlanding: Is it not possible to enter a new area by leaving a building?
    Its not really a problem. Just struck me as odd that it said "enter" when you exited a building.
    "wen i found my gerbil dead my other gerbil was eating it i just cried and screamed"
    http://www.livescripts.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by some moderator : Today at 9:01 PM.

Fixed the shield bug. Still no clue about the strange error bug though...

Quote Originally Posted by Ifritt
    Fixed the shield bug. Still no clue about the strange error bug though...
    Shield bug? Oo are you recreating counterstrike 1.6?

Hey this is really really impressive! From the fantastic pixel art to the whole game engine itself and the editor its all simply amazing! It looks all very clean and professional, i am not so much a rpg player to have found any bugs.
    Did you do everything by yourself?
    I do stuff that does stuff...

J-Force

Hey leech,
    Tonypa did a lot of the tilebased/pathfinding part of the engine, apart from that I did pretty much everything.

doItLikeThis
    I love the pathfinding (Iam such a geek ) , really not a great RPG fan, but I love what you have done
    -Aditya

It gets better every time I see it, but main problem with Flash projects so big is the time. Because it takes years to develop, by the time it will be finished new version of Flash (or even 2) have been released with improvements on speed and new possibilities. bitmapobjects could of been very useful in this case.

Tony: Yeah, It's also very easy to get bored with the game you are making, and want to start a new big project.

crashlanding: Haha yeah one of those minor things I can't really be bothered changing :P

Sweet graphics and pretty smooth good game play.

What's about intro/story to explain the world and give some tips on what's goes on here?
    How much time took to make this one?

Happy coding