A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: FFF Flash Fonts in Fireworks

Hybrid View

Challenging Convention Andology's Avatar

FFF Flash Fonts in Fireworks

Good day fellow members <tilts hat>

Currently working on a hybrid site where parts of the primary interface are being done in html. I regularly use FFF Fonts and have more than 60 of them (i generally convince each and every client that it is worth paying an extra $50 on the bill to have thier "own" fonts) so i have built a good collection of them.... I have used (or would like to use) a particular FFF font on the buttons that i am 'matching in' with the flash parts. The font is called "Bionic" from Fonts For Flash (where all mine are from) but in Macromedia Fireworks it seems to miss off a few pixels from the top of the text when it renders it.. I used to get around this before by using masks and creating a paragraph above and below in the text box and that seemed to fix it. I was running FireworksMX V2004 but i am now using V8 and this 'trick' doesnt work for me anymore..

In most cases, i would normally create the interface Pixel FFF text that needs to be in html (raster) and i break it apart, export as .ai and import into fireworks for positioning / effects / slices and exporting etc... Since i need this text to be on multiple buttons and i am using button symbols, i cannot use a vector image as the text as this will propogate over all other instances of the buttons...

Anyone have any ideas? I wouldn't normally bother too much just that this is the ONLY font i currently have that typographically "fits in" with the interface shape / lines etc..

Thanks for any tips chaps

And.
    The Andology Corporation Ltd
    Challenging Convention
    Fusion of Business & Technology

Joop Media - The Final Link In The Chain

Challenging Convention Andology's Avatar
    Sorry to have wasted your time, i just realised that V8 does work with my trick of a line above and a line below, i just forgot to actually put something in those paragraphs (like a full stop above and a full stop "." below the text). Since i only keep one button symbol template and re-export multiple variations, i dont need to worry about the full stops "." getting in the frame so thats cool...

Cheers Chaps, anyone who can offer any other info about this issue, your input would continue to be of interest to me despite the fact i just fixed my own problem

Thanks again,

And.
    The Andology Corporation Ltd
    Challenging Convention
    Fusion of Business & Technology

Joop Media - The Final Link In The Chain