dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: embedding fonts

embedding fonts

i'm using static text fields which i'm told by the flash help files automatically embed the font that i'm using but this is not the case. i have tried the use device font option as well as anti-alias for readability option and both do not embed the font. is the only option to use a dynamic text field and choose to embed the fonts? thanks

jeremy boyd

The Device font option does not embed fonts. It tells Flash to use a default font.

Are you sure you don't have something like 'HTML' turned on? (Though even that shouldn't affect it). Can we see an example?

Using static text automatically embeds the font, but if you want you can break the text apart.

even when i was using the anti-alias option on static text it still wasn't embedding. i imported the font as a font symbol into the library and that seems to have solved the problem although it is still a little quirky. thanks for your help

jeremy boyd

Ok so if write something as stativ text it shuold look the same on someones PC that doesn't have the font right?

But if I use a dynamic field what do I do?
    Life is immaterial to the God's of sands of time

For dynamic text you should embed characters you need to be shown in text box. Then the font is included within swf file. There is Embed... button for it in the properties panel of dynamic text box.

Quote Originally Posted by Keano
    Ok so if write something as stativ text it shuold look the same on someones PC that doesn't have the font right?

But if I use a dynamic field what do I do?

Yes

You must embed the text !! Like Tonypa said.
    You can also embed the text by Actionscript !!

Genesis of creative reflexes.. mysticpixels's Avatar

How did u import font as font symbol??

Quote Originally Posted by thebone
    even when i was using the anti-alias option on static text it still wasn't embedding. i imported the font as a font symbol into the library and that seems to have solved the problem although it is still a little quirky. thanks for your help

jeremy boyd
    how did u import the font as a font symbol?? i couldnt import a font ..... help wud be gr8....!

Cheers
    • Innovative Websites - (Flash/HTML-CSS)
    • Flash Intros/Animations
    • Interface/Layout Designing/Logo Designing