A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: painterly effect

painterly effect

came across this guys work ( lost the link - oops ! ) and im really liking it. im wondering how he got the painterly effect on the women. i have tried a couple of tutorials but they seem a little off in the "hey look - its a black and white shot but the kid's lips are red !" kind of stuff. any ideas about how to recreate this effect ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think that the guy who made that simply painted that "painterfly" effect with a brush... Anyways, great skill is needed... Don't think it can be done in any other ways... You have to sit down and waste a few hours to do that... Dunno... It's about creativity and tallent bro...

amen to those. the more i have been looking the more its clear he just has great masks and then airbrushes until his eyes dry out...no substitue for skills+time i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by fancy_menace
    amen to those. the more i have been looking the more its clear he just has great masks and then airbrushes until his eyes dry out...no substitue for skills+time i guess.
    Lol... well... thats an option too... But the best way to figure it out is to ask "him"... Good job

Layers, opacticity levels' probably layer effects and the eraise tool or brush strokes with white.
    As for the florrettes, you can either redraw them, get preset brushes or just use templates.
    I'm relly liking his composition and colours. Makes the image really pop.