dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Saving down from Flash v8

Threaded View

Saving down from Flash v8

I have created a website using Flash v8. My client has now asked that I save it down to v7 (MX 2004) to make it more friendly to their audience. When I try to save it, I get the following error messages:

Advanced/Custom Anti-Aliasing Used
    Breakpoints
    Stroke

I have gone through my entire library, selected each individual graphic and done "break apart" until each is broken down as far as it will go. I still get the error messages when trying to save down.

Is there a way to do a "search" within the authoring environment to find the culprit(s)?

FYI: I exported many of the graphics as swf files from Illustrator CS and converted each to a symbol upon import to Flash.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

UPDATE: I have found some of the items that are causing the problems. Now when I try to publish as Flash 7, I get the error message saying that Flash 7 does not support "Enhanced Strokes". I have opened the graphics that are specified when I try to publish, and broken them down as far as Flash will allow. I still get the "Enhanced Stroke.." error message. Anyone know how to UN-Enhance stokes?
    Last edited by sleepydad; 02-11-2006 at 09:03 PM. Reason: New Information