dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Saving down from Flash v8

Saving down from Flash v8

I have created a website using Flash v8. My client has now asked that I save it down to v7 (MX 2004) to make it more friendly to their audience. When I try to save it, I get the following error messages:

Advanced/Custom Anti-Aliasing Used
    Breakpoints
    Stroke

I have gone through my entire library, selected each individual graphic and done "break apart" until each is broken down as far as it will go. I still get the error messages when trying to save down.

Is there a way to do a "search" within the authoring environment to find the culprit(s)?

FYI: I exported many of the graphics as swf files from Illustrator CS and converted each to a symbol upon import to Flash.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

UPDATE: I have found some of the items that are causing the problems. Now when I try to publish as Flash 7, I get the error message saying that Flash 7 does not support "Enhanced Strokes". I have opened the graphics that are specified when I try to publish, and broken them down as far as Flash will allow. I still get the "Enhanced Stroke.." error message. Anyone know how to UN-Enhance stokes?
    Last edited by sleepydad; 02-11-2006 at 09:03 PM. Reason: New Information

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    That sounds like it is a text setting that you need to change rather than a graphic setting. Also, you don't need to save down to version 7, just publish down. Go to File>Publush Settings and set the export version to anything you want.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

I had a problem with enhanced strokes once. I was not using any of them, but Flash kept warning. If you sure you dont have any, you save the fla file as MX2004 (click "yes, I will lose Flash8 strokes" in the warning message), then reopen the fla and all annoying strokes warnings are gone.

Thanks tonypa

I went ahead and did what you said, and it seems to work fine.

Thanks!