A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: stream or embed

stream or embed

video in a flash banner.

say a 10 sec clip, like the movie trailer snipet banners.

would they stream a flv, or embed the video.

i know there's audio synching issues with embeding video, but it seems to work grand if the video is short enough.

so which is better for a flash banner, which method would more wiedely be used.

ta.
    jackie treehorn treats objects like women

I would say if it is only a short clip, then embed it. But I am not the expert, ask wheels

Long time no see.
    external flv gives you more flexibility that's for sure. If you can go with Flash8 and the new codec then you can achieve decent quality at tiny bitrates. I did have a 56kbps video clip somewhere... can't find it right now but suggest you try it.

stoem

Quote Originally Posted by stoem
    external flv gives you more flexibility that's for sure. If you can go with Flash8 and the new codec then you can achieve decent quality at tiny bitrates. I did have a 56kbps video clip somewhere... can't find it right now but suggest you try it.

stoem
    cool, i'd be interested in seeing the quality of the clip, i'm using flash 8, and when i use low quality it looks prety ropey.
    Last edited by alienhead; 02-13-2006 at 01:25 PM.
    jackie treehorn treats objects like women

The "book" says to keep your embedded clips as short as possible...partly due to sound sync issues on longer clips and partly due to RAM issues on some computers. I mostly use external flv, but I have seen some pretty long video clips that have been embedded...but they didn't need tight sound sync so the difference wasn't apparent.