dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I Want One!!!!!!!!!!!!onetwothree!!!!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

I Want One!!!!!!!!!!!!onetwothree!!!!!!!!!!

this is so cool, i wonder how much it will cost?

linky
    New sig soon

ok, that started off really lame with all the trippy stuff, but then it got down to business.
    very cool!

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

Pretty cool!

Nords, you might want to defend yourself in this thread.
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

wow, a piece of technology that may actually be the best thing since the mouse. I can actually see that increasing productivity.

I went on a major rant a few weeks ago with a friend of mine who works at Raytheon (where they were trying to replicate the 'Minority Report' interface.)

Basically, this video shows exactly where I said human-computer interaction should go. Tablet PC's and handwriting recognition aren't a step forward, they're just substituting a mouse for another input element, you're still bound by 1 cursor.

What got me thinking on it was seeing the Aperture marketing video with a professional photographer talking about using his 2 30" displays in client meetings...but he was still using the mouse to interact with 1 image at a time on his virtual contact sheet, and scrolling all the way across the screen with his mouse before he could do anything.

The "desktop" needs to become more tactile, actually physically part of your desktop. This thing could do it.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Quote Originally Posted by PAlexC
    What got me thinking on it was seeing the Aperture marketing video with a professional photographer talking about using his 2 30" displays in client meetings...
    Link?
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

wowsers! That could revolutionize the entire computer industry. Things would go so much quicker if this could replace the mouse, and it looks simple enough not to confuse or be hard for computer noob to understand and use.

I wonder what kind of long term abuse these things could take once they're mass produced. Don't you think there would be huge flat spots after a while that would distort the image?

UnRegistered User
    man, now my touch screen phone just seems kinda lame!

That is sexy! I think we all need a desk made of that stuff!

Wow...

It needs a jog wheel to flick through virtual desktops, although you could easily make a software based one.

I wonder how many "spots" it can recognise... with the two players, whats that, about 4-8 fingers active at once... cool!

What kind of super computer do you need to generate those effects from such an input though...?

Admiral of the Fleet
    That...well...that is most impressive. Impressive as well. It really is Minority Report in real life. Insane!
    Flashkit Footer Rules: 300 pixels wide, 40 pixels high @ 15k filesize - gerbick
    We know that money isn't everything, but we suspect…deep down…that it is ninety things out of a hundred, that it will buy nine of the remaining ten, and make even the absence of the remaining one tolerably comfortable.-Madson Perie

Abstinence may be a 99.9% effective means of being safe, but it is a 100% effective means of not living the life you want.

TheGrandmaster1, your footer is too big. See the sticky at the top of the lounge index for size restrictions.

WOW!!! That's sooo amazing!!!!
    I kinda envisioned that in a good ... say 50 years our computers would be based on a complete 3D holographic "habitat"-- but this is like a total 2D version-- I LOVEI T!! Oh man I'm excited about this..... it's totally revolutionary. Thing is, that screen is HUGE-- let alone having just a 20" monitor extremely expensive, imagine one of those babies (42" would you say? maybe 35"ish?) WITH all the touch-sensetivity and all hooked up to a computer and all... I too definitely want one!!

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    This one looks kind of sweet.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XOSx7v87J...page=1&t=t&f=b

Do you think that is actually a touchscreen or is he just in sync with the video?

wtf???? if that is touch screen the htf did they do that?

imagine a 3D version..
    New sig soon

holy FK thats cool! Wth is the princess leia demo?