A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: One of my First Site Designs

One of my First Site Designs

Application would be an online portfolio for a Freelance Journalist.

Its not totally fill with content yet, but the basic construction and layout are all there.

www.anewmethod.com/haleydotcom.html

Just basically went for something clean and neat and professional but with some creativity.

Thanks Guys

Joe

-_-
    Simple but effective. Very clean and professinal looking. Very good.

UnRegistered User
    Clean, easy to use and navigate. i like!

I would just say that the two different typefaces seem to clash somewhat, I like the sans serif but against the pixellated typeface it seems to be fighting a loosing battle, they both seem to loose their punch even though singularly they are very effective...

Hope that helps?

stu

Quote Originally Posted by cr34tiv3 5tu
    Clean, easy to use and navigate. i like!

I would just say that the two different typefaces seem to clash somewhat, I like the sans serif but against the pixellated typeface it seems to be fighting a loosing battle, they both seem to loose their punch even though singularly they are very effective...

Hope that helps?

stu
    Ya I was thinking of changing it to a universal font

Writer and E-Music Hobbyist Cemrin's Avatar

Simple and Elegant...

I like the design... very good use of layout... one suggestion though would be to put a large logo up in a corner and a printed watermark image as the background... not too shabby.

perplexed by actionscript alien_landscape's Avatar
    Hello, I agree with Cemrin, keeping your name/logo in the same place throughout the site would be more consistent.

I really like the way the button squares expand to reveal the content, but wouldn't it be cool if they shrank back again when the user clicks 'back' instead of just replaying the intro animation? I'm sure this wouldn't be too hard to code.

Also, this might just be personal preference, but I think the text on the buttons would look better if aligned to the left and moved to the right on rollover with a little easing, the animation seams a little awkward at the moment.

Overall a nice clean and simple site, keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by alien_landscape
    Hello, I agree with Cemrin, keeping your name/logo in the same place throughout the site would be more consistent.

I really like the way the button squares expand to reveal the content, but wouldn't it be cool if they shrank back again when the user clicks 'back' instead of just replaying the intro animation? I'm sure this wouldn't be too hard to code.

Also, this might just be personal preference, but I think the text on the buttons would look better if aligned to the left and moved to the right on rollover with a little easing, the animation seams a little awkward at the moment.

Overall a nice clean and simple site, keep up the good work.
    Thanks man.

Ya I was planning on making the back button shrink the pages, but im not quite sure how.

I posted a thread that if anyone could help me out with i could make it do that:

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...98#post3542398

Thanks for the feedback

Joe