A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my Flash art

my Flash art

I havnt been here before, it seems like a pretty cool site so consider this my introduction topic! My names Phill, im 20 yrs old, i live in australia and im trying to get a flash related job. I have many succesful animations and I thought id get started with showing some of the work i can do. Its all in flash 5, enjoy!

and some more links if your interested... i have hundreds of things ive made but i cant show them all. If you want to check my portfolio its at www.coflash.com

http://www.coflash.com/flashart/phill/large/girl.jpg
    http://www.coflash.com/flashart/phill/large/bike.jpg
    http://www.coflash.com/flashart/phill/large/wink.jpg
    http://www.coflash.com/flashart/phill/large/heli.jpg

Awesome
    Holy S**t dude....these are fantastic.

Props.....

Very nice work PhillJc. Very detailed. Your site is pretty cool as well. Hope we will see you on the boards. You would make a great addition to the arena as well... Welcome
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

Welcome to Flash kit!

I'll agree that your work is very good, I would steer clear of having pictures like 'the girl' in there, it lets the overall look of your work down, her hair looks poor, as do the teeth, compare that to the gun, bike and car, they look like they are done by different people

excellent quality

and as pea says
    Hope we will see you on the boards
    I'm with him on that, nice work

bp

I'm with you on the girl image B_P. I didn't look at it earlier due to being at work, gotta watch what I look at. It looked really out of place comparatively speeking.
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

extremely hard to do skin tone with vector. ive tried and ended up with similar pic as the girl too.

looking forward to see more of ur works, phill

hmm, i actually didnt think the teeth looked that bad. Anyway she was drawn in 2004, a long time ago. Ive just kind of progressed as ive gone, this is the start of a car im doing in flash too, the lights were pretty insane to make.

http://www.coflash.com/stuff/teeth.jpg

Now this will trip you out, and most people choose not to beleive ive made it in flash but this is it. The top one is with the background pic im using, and the bottom one is what ive made. but the thing is, on the top one, what ive made so far IS the front, which goes with the real pic. Wish i got paid to do this

Thats six hours of the most detailed work ive ever done, on just the front bumper so far.

I hate you die.
    Jealousy.

love the standard of your work, but a bit lost to why you spend hours working in flash, do you export the final work as a vector file for printwork?

bp

Iron Chef In-Training OpethRockr55's Avatar
    I fail to believe that is vector... its too... rastery....

That's pretty impressive though, I have to admit. I'd give up in the first 30 minutes.

Theres 1 800mb 17 min video you can watch if you dont beleive me, how i will put that vid on the net is another question.

oh yeah, i reconised that little girl from a cartoon i saw on newgrounds. Dident like the toon, a bit to sappy for me but man your other stuff is awsome.
    This is our world now, the world of the electron and the switch. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias.

Iron Chef In-Training OpethRockr55's Avatar
    No, man. I believe you. That stuff is quite insane.

I even see you got the bird poop down to a science.

The quality of them pics are class, apart from the girl but from what i have read its done along time ago, would like to see what u could do to a girl now.

Quote Originally Posted by phil-ray
    would like to see what u could do to a girl now.
    this is hardly the place to be talking about that!

I'll try it after the XW im doing now.

im confused.... so what you are doing is cutting and pasting parts of a photo into flash?

Im completely re drawing them in flash using flash tools.

I'm pretty sure he's drawing over the photo using flash drawing tools, I just dont know why

He does have an amazing talent (and patience) if the images are only used in flash its a waste, as you can import a jpeg / png of the original, but if the image was eg to be used for print in a massive print on a sky scraper banner, now that would be cool

interested in why you use flash rather than Adobe Illustrator or Freehand (that was)

bp

it looks like hes drawing every pixel exactly how it is in the photo. wouldn't the quality be the same zoomed in as a lossless jpg?

I know if I were a webdesign company specializing in flash and someone came in who could draw that well then the odds are they would get the job, rather than a man like me.

I hope he finds someone (a company) that understands his talents

bp