dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Is flash displaying images or IE ?

Is flash displaying images or IE ?

i was wondering if when i load a movie with a image url is internet explorer displaying the image then or is flash?

the reason is with the type of transparency im using i have to save in .PNG image format and im pretty sure that not supported very well if not at all by IE, but i know flash uses them just fine.

so if i do the load movie with url image in .PNG will it not work?

http://thegaffney.com/

Not really Fat... or a Cat ^_^
    If you load an image into Flash (with loadMovie)... flash will display it.

If you try to open it (with getURL)... the browser will try to download it.

Depending on the user browser settings it will either display it in the same window as the flash movie (overwriting it), open a helper application (the one the user sets in preferences... photoshop, ACDSee, IE, or whatever) or lastly will attempt download it directly to the user HD.

As for supporting PNG files, I believe IE supports them since version 3 or so, but I'm pretty sure Flash can't load PNG files at runtme.

To do so, import the PNG into a new fla movie and export is as swf, then you can load that swf at runtime.

---Ganbare
    What are you going to do about it?... There's gotta be people for everything --Joan Manoel Serrat

cool cool ,

thanks for the info

also though the image i want to load need to me rounded at the edge so if i save it as a .swf it will have corners because of the backgound of the movie,

or is there a way to make the background color transparent?

thanks

Not really Fat... or a Cat ^_^
    Background color is a propiety of the base movie (_Level0) and any loaded swf movie will have a "transparent" background.

As a matter of fact if you need the loaded movie to have a background you need to put a colored panel in the bottom layer of the file.

If the loaded swf is smaller than the base movie, no matter what you do, the bottom level will show through.

---Ganbare
    What are you going to do about it?... There's gotta be people for everything --Joan Manoel Serrat