A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: sizing chart

sizing chart

i have been asked to create a system in flash to define the size of a garment for a customer.
    I am new to indepth actionscript, although i have used flash to create many menus, widgets and less code based items. so have a basic understanding of actionscript.

would anyone have a pointer as to ho best to have a "size part a", plus "size part b", plus "size part c" = "garment x" type system?

where garment could be anything from a-z and the size parameters define the ultimate garment size.

does that make any sence?!

Hells Kitchen
    Id use the dataGrid component. Its filled by arrays, sorts, scrolls, and is fully scalable.
    _

i'll look into it, thanks

i was looking at using comboboxes, but i cant seem to get the actionscript to make it output a value work, like i said i'm not too hot at the ols AS as yet and may have bitten off a big old chunk to chew on here!
    have you seen any good tutorials on this you could point me at???

http://www.swish-db.com/tutorials/se...g=1&featured=1

take a look here its all i can think of off the top of my head

currently i am having trouble making the combobox do anything bar state that it has registered the change by the mouse...using a trace

I have the code below on the combobox, but can't seem to make it jump frames, or indeed do anything!

I must have a gaping hole in my A/script somewhere... can anyone point me in the right direction. I am going in circles because i have missed a basic principle somehow/where!?

define listener, add listener, define and initiate function, go... but somwhere its not going despite many attemps. this is what i am playing with at the moment.....

i want the combobox's 'data number' to initiate a gotoandPlay action depending on its value, if it's 1-3 i want it to gotoandPlay frame"x", but if its 4-6... i want it to gotoandPlay frame "y" where x and y are points on a main timeline outside the combox's movieclip "getheight_mc"

num = (getheight.data)
    size_mnu.addEventListener("change", height_listener);
    //trace(this);

form.change = _parent.getheight(eventObj)
    trace("initiated function");

function getheight(num){
    if(data>3){
    //return;
    gotoAndPlay(_root.weight_mc);
    }
    }
    getheight(num);
    }

now i have
    _____

onClipEvent (load) {
    HeightArray = new Array("Choose Your Height", "5'2", "5'3", "5'4", "5'5", "5'6");
    this.labels = HeightArray;
    function onMenu(label, data) {
    framesArray = new Array("0", "10", "20", "30", "40", "50");
    val = HeightArray[data];
    _root.clip_mc.gotoAndStop("val");
    }
    }
    _____

Combo populated fine, but i can't make it move the playhead to another frame.... all the tutoriaals i read contradict each other in the language used... help !