A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help! Text Area Component Selecting Text

Help! Text Area Component Selecting Text

I did notice this topic has been posted with a suggestion to drop a text area on your base .fla - tried it but still acts weird.

essentially I have a single instance of a text area (populated via XML) that updates based on whichever button (1 thru 6) is pressed. The prob:
    On intial load you can scroll the text and it behaves normal. I press a button, the text updates, but when I scroll all the text is selected and the scrolbar jumps to the bottom.

In another section of my app I reuse templated slides that populate a text area component with XML text - if I select/highlight the text on slide 1, click next/forward, reuse the template slide but parse a new XML into it, it displays new content but the same area that was previously selected is selected/highlighted on the new slide.

Any thoughts - is this a bug?
    Thanks

That seems possibley to be a bug. If possible, can you attach a FLA for us to see?

here is a link to a .zip if you have a chance to take a look:
    http://www.knottydisco.com/sample/

click on button 2. scroll the text. click another button. scroll the text. click back on button 2 and scroll the text again and it will highlight all the text in that pane...?????

any thoughts????

still trying to make sense of this -- any help or insight would be super!