dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Fading out is sticking???

Fading out is sticking???

Hi folks:

I've built a long multi-media presentation for an award show. Everything is fine, except that I have large, cut-out photos of the finalists and they fade in nicely (simple 10 frame fade in) but for some reason every photo, when it fades out (again to frame fade) seems to stick (stops or hesitates). At first I thought it was my laptop...but it's the same on all of my computers and the client noticed it when I sent them the .swf to view.

I thought maybe I needed to up the frame rate...and I did...but it seems to do the same thing (it's set at 22 fps). I tried saving and compacting (grasping at straws). If it were only one pic then I would trouble shoot the picture or that part of the movie....but it's all 32 finalists...the same thing happens?

Not sure if you need a sample...I could cut a part out and send the swf it that helps. I'm 10 days from the ceremony and I can't figure out this last little quirk...ahhhh!

As always, thanks in advance
    DANIMA Dave

This probaly is not the best advice but sometimes when one of my movie clips is sticking and or jumping. I go in to that clip and I play it like 5 times, just keep hitting return. The computer seems to get better at playing it. And then preview your movie and usually it stops the problem.

I'll give it a shot I guess. Thanks
    DANIMA Dave

but for some reason every photo, when it fades out (again to frame fade) - what is frame fade?
    maybe if you could upload a sample of the problem we could take a "gander" - are you using AS?