dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Weird setInterval Problem

Weird setInterval Problem

Hi, I'm hoping someone has a thought on this... I am running ads on the front page of a site using the setInterval function in Flash 8.

What's happening is that the rotater is runnning fine on 98% of the people's computers that view it, but there are a couple of people that are coming to me saying that they aren't seeing the ads... and only seeing a black square where the ads would have been.

I've already ruled out the Flash 8 player. Everyone has it installed. For one person it is happening on a PC in IE and another on a MAC in Safari.

Has anyone else seen this problem before? Any suggestions on things to try?

Thanks in advance.

Try switching to a use of the Time class and using an onEnterFrame to compare. It's a little more predictable and doesnt rely on the processor so much.

Thanks jAQUAN, I'll try that. Do you think it might have to do with the person's processor?

Thanks again.

It really shouldn't matter. I can only think that it has something to with the viewers various security settings. Are you assigning the setInterval to a variable and using clearInterval at some moment.