dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Splash Image Critique

Splash Image Critique

Hi there,

I just made this for my new portfolio site. I'm happy with most of the splash image, but the text. I can't seem to place it in a way that will flow with the image. Right now it seems to just be thrown into the corner. Any suggestions? Comments? Thanks a lot.

http://www.pa-tacomas.com/images/facesplash.jpg

I think that if you just dropped the text down to center it would fit great. Maybe try a little larger with it. I like the bg imagery as well very nice. Blue is my fav though so im biased. The only thing I didn't like was the pic of you, I assume, the way the arm in the foreground lays it almost looks like you have a hella hairy back. Id add a tad bit more definition to separate the arm from the back. Other than that Great work mang...
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

Hella hairy...you funny, pea. Kinda right, though. If you ramp up the gamma you can see that the space behind the front of the arm is illuminated. If you can find a way to isolate that area and make it more prominent then I think it would serve to better delineate the line of the arm and get you away from the hairy back syndrome.

Yeah, the center might work for the type. My other two choices would be either lower left or lower right. And you probably want it either a little smaller or a little bigger. It would be easier to say if I could drag it around and play with it in PS, but those would be my initial thoughts.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Um...oh yeah...Welcome to Flash Kit, Matt. I hope we haven't put you off with the hairy back thing.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Quote Originally Posted by RUSHVision
    Um...oh yeah...Welcome to Flash Kit, Matt. I hope we haven't put you off with the hairy back thing.
    Haha, thanks, and nope, I'm find with the critiques, that's what everyone is here for. Plus I know I don't have a hairy back

welcome aboard maitey. Let us see the finished piece sir.
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

Advance Motion Management
    Hey Mat,
    Plzzz put the text in the center, an enlarge it by one size. My other advice would be to drop a little shadow , that gonna give a an embossed effect and the text will be highlighted and clear. Keep the upper and lower borders to be bright maye be white, or light blue. Your pic looks good enough, move it a right by an inch, blur it a little to add to the drama of the ambience & will hide the hairy part. Or you can simply apply a little blur to the body to hide hair leaving the face portion. I hope it will work for you.

--
    Vini
    Its in my Blood, B+