dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Creating Brochure

Creating Brochure

Im trying to make a brochure like the one in the link below. Im using fireworks mx and im trying to figure out where exactly where on the ruler to start certain things and to end certain things. I have tried a little but keep coming up short. Is there go good brochure template or software i can use to make this easier

http://www.creativepro.com/img/story/20050607_fg1.jpg

I don't know if you will be able to find a template for that exact fold pattern or not. You should be able to work that out yourself on paper, though. From what I can see the only 'variable' is going to be the position of the first fold and I think you should be able to get that right in a couple of attempts with trial and error. Grab a few sheets of printer paper, mark them with some spacing lines and fold it up to see what it looks like.

Once you have the first fold then the second is going to be the distance from that to the left side of the bar on the right side of the back 'page'. The next fold is exactly the same distance and the last is the same minus the width of the 'bar'. Did that make any sense?
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Why not run on standard DL flyer measurements for the first rough?
    You can always resize the image for the web when you hone the whole thing.
    I'll get the measurements for you in a second. I have some stuff to do before the power goes off again.

UnRegistered User
    from the right hand side of an A4 page (landscape) you need to make a fold at 83mm in from the edge then another 73mm from that and finally 63mm from that. You'll end up with a staggered concertina fold pretty much the same as your example...

Hope that helps..?

Stu

are you using fireworks for the page layout too? indesign is pretty good with their ruler and page layout system.

i was looking at some templates yesterday to get some poster ideas.....check out http://www.stocklayouts.com/Default.aspx
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by J-Luv
    i was looking at some templates yesterday to get some poster ideas.....check out http://www.stocklayouts.com/Default.aspx
    I used to use Quark... then I never got it for my PC which I pretty much use exclusively now... so I have been using Photoshop to layout a couple brochures.

I am now using the trial of InDesign. Needless to say life is good and I am buying it ASAP. Awesome layout program thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by admedia
    I used to use Quark... then I never got it for my PC which I pretty much use exclusively now... so I have been using Photoshop to layout a couple brochures.

I am now using the trial of InDesign. Needless to say life is good and I am buying it ASAP. Awesome layout program thumbsup:
    i used quark and before that pagemaker (yUcK!) and starting this new job recently they ordered the adobe cs2 suite which includes indesign and to be honest i dont know what i'd do without it, lol. the way it works in conjunction with photoshop and illustrator is amazing. i actually look forward to laying out my projects now....no bugs, no various updates to download (quark), etc.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

yes i am using fireworks and thanks everyone. I will try that cr34tiv3 5tu.

Advance Motion Management
    I think this link http://www.stocklayouts.com/Products...pleChoice.aspx
    has lot of templets to go through.

--
    Vini
    Its in my Blood, B+