A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: "Slideshow" of images in a frame.

Flash Newbie

"Slideshow" of images in a frame.

I'm wanting to create somewhat of a slideshow that will appear in the corner of a frame. Around it will be text.

Since there isn't any animation other than the slideshow in the scene, I'd like to keep it all in one frame. Is there any way to do this without a billion lines of A.S.? If not, can someone explain an easy way to do it in the first place?

Thanks

Not really Fat... or a Cat ^_^
    All you need is to make your slideshow inside it's own MC and let it loop, then mount the MC into the first frame of your main movie and you are on.

You can use AS to control the slideshow should you need it, but that's pretty much it.

--Ganbare!
    What are you going to do about it?... There's gotta be people for everything --Joan Manoel Serrat

Flash Newbie
    Well, I want it to play and loop up on the side all by itself. Also, I have no experience with AS other than Goto and Stop.

No sweat, Mate:

In your main movie use "insert - new symbol" and you'll get prompted to name the new symbol, name it "slideshow_mc" or anything you like, just don't forget to select movie clip as the behavior, then you'll find yourself in a new timeline, you are inside the new symbol you just created.

In here put one of your slides in the first frame, to set the pace of the show, look at your framerate in the main movie (default 12 fps) and decide how many frames you want the slide to last on stage (12 frames = 1 sec) if you want your slides to last 2 sec. each, go to frame 24 and type F6 (new keyframe).

Select your image on the stage and in the properties panel select "swap" and from the menu select the next slide (if all your images are of the same size thisensures perfect registration).

Rinse and repeat every 24 frames until you are done, in the last slide make it last it's own 24 frames and at the end put nothing, this will force the movie to loop.

Go back to the main movie and position the slideshow_mc wherever you want and set the rest of the movie as you like.

Don't forget to put a stop(); code in the first frame of your main movie to avoid trouble.

That should do the trick, if you have any doubts drop me a line...

...Ganbare!
    What are you going to do about it?... There's gotta be people for everything --Joan Manoel Serrat

Flash Newbie
    Thanks a load! Didn't think of that!

U are served ^_^