A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Opening DOC files - action canceled error

Opening DOC files - action canceled error

I am currently working on a CDROM which contains quite a number of lists of documents. Documents appear in separate listboxes, which use their "data" entries as the URL which is activated by means of the getURL command.

I have tried to use the fileReference.download method, yet without success locally.

One problem I cannot get rid of is the following: whenever I click on a DOC file, I get the SAVE or OPEN or CANCEL dialog box. Whenever I click on SAVE or CANCEL, a blank "action cancelled" window pops-up. This happens whether I publish the movie as a Projector file or as Flash and Html.

The solutions proposed in the past on this forum seem to be effective for single files, however I believe I have over 200 files to start with and could not for example envision creating 200+ bat files or anything like that.

Would anyone happen to know of a workaround?

Well, I am able to avoid the problem of blank windows opening and such by launching a blank browser window when the projector launches. If the window is kept open, then everything generally behaves.

However, people generally tend to close the window. Would anyone be aware of how to open a minimized browser window or open it behind the projector in a way that is nondisruptive?