A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Rendering MC innards to a movie

Rendering MC innards to a movie

I've been using Flash for years and have just recently been experimenting exporting FLAs out to movie forms.

The only problem is that Flash only renders items on the timeline and doesn't even bother processing the innards of movie clips, making some instances of animation that look great as an SWF absolutely impossible as a movie. (Meaning that if I have an elaborate logo sequence inside an MC, when rendered to an AVI or otherwise, it only renders the first blank frame of the MC.) When I grabbed the Flash 8 trial, the first thing I did was test to see if this was even possible and they still haven't fixed it. This is incredibly important.

Is there any way around this? A patch even?

Oh, and I'm using 2004.

Wow, nothing I guess.

Not really Fat... or a Cat ^_^
    Raven:

Flash will only render what you see in on the main timeline, any mc wiith timelines of their own will render the first frame only......

...I learned it the hard way many years ago, and ever since, I've being waiting for the magical version of Flash who could (I also have MX 2004 pro, maybe Flash 8, Anybody knows???).

Now that Adobe got it's paws over Flash this may or may not change, let's see.....

A plug in for AfterEffects???
    What are you going to do about it?... There's gotta be people for everything --Joan Manoel Serrat

I really hope they fix this.

Not really Fat... or a Cat ^_^
    Amen brother, amen
    What are you going to do about it?... There's gotta be people for everything --Joan Manoel Serrat