A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Shameless self - promotion. My online portfolio

A online portfolio

Hi all,

It's been a while since I posted but my site at

www.rehabdesigntherapy.co.uk

needs poishing off and would appreciate any comments good and not so good.

Thanks
    Last edited by Duane79; 03-04-2006 at 11:36 PM.

Christian Trella
    TIGHT man I LOVE the interface. You know... with such STRONG design, you should work on the typefaces on the left nav bar a bit. I had my eye go back to it a bunch of times, and its not as strong at the rest of your site. I'm impressed with the loading time also.

Thanks alot modularcb,

I appreciate the comments, so you think the type on the left should be improved? Like a different face or clearer?

Thanks for the feed back.

Christian Trella
    the things labeled "profile Portfolio Detox Contact Print ect." They have a san serif feel, which is the common ground in the image on the first page, But I think, (personal opinion) if you explored the things going on in the typefaces in the Subject and info lines you might get a really killer result. I know that the problem is losing visibility in the most valuable bits on information, but I think you can stray a little farther from the one that’s displayed. Even the condensed font used on the content areas I like. Matches the vertical height of the site.

yaya.. Center01 Center02 font same thing. you got the perfect font below it, but it just throws it off by the curve of the O... Its much more organic then the other shapes available to the eye in that moment.

These are all very fine notes to an already outstanding piece. Type is very powerful in flash, so Its good to see people taking advantage of it.

Ok, some interesting ideas with the type there, I guess a fresh pair of eyes can make a difference. Thanks for the feed back since you were the only one able to do so I really appreciate it.

Might try some of those ideas out.

Hi, Modularcb

Just a quick post about my site. Thanks for your feed back the last time, I've tried out some of your suggestions and think it actually works better.

I would appreciate if you could give me your opinion too.

http://www.rehabdesigntherapy.co.uk

Cheers

Christian Trella

Much Better

My eyes are not entrapped by the type now. I like the improvement!

(btw) I know your not done with it, but some of the "large" buttons dont work on the artworks. Other then that, I think its there!

The resize button I see, just need to adjust the javascript on them.

Thanks for the comments

Tight indeed

Very Nice Site Duane! I love your 'geomteric' style, very 'tight' indeed.
    The only comment I can give, is that the overall size could be a bit bigger.
    95% (or something like that) of the internet-users have a screenresolution of at least 1024 x 768 px these days. I also still have to adjust my site to this resolution.
    But other than that: !

Hey Twandeman, Thanks for the comments I do agree with you about the size but the site was done a while back so I'm thinking of addressing that issue in a version 2 kind of thing.

Not yet though, but soon enough. I just wanted to improve this one as much as I can.

Thanks again for comments appreciated