adding my slide show to dreamweaver

I recently purchased your software and with it I created a slide
    show for my web page. I've tried several different things to try
    and add my slide show to my web page with no luck. I'm using dream
    weaver as my HTML editor. Could someone please help me out with
    this request? Also I would like to add animated images to my page
    too.

Ok should be easy, whats the problem?

Did you try using the FLASH button in DW? or you can cut and paste the code generated by KM just copy from <Object> to </Object> into where you want it in DW

for now

This is probably not spot on advice, but it will get you started, I think, until the real deal shows up.

When you export your slide show from KM choose the option to produce an .html file. This has the code to call the .swf (slide show.) You could open that .html in Dreamweaver and add your web page to it, or you could copy and paste into your web page the code that calls the Flash Player to play your slideshow

As to the .html. I just created a .fun file consisting only of a circle. I exported it as "junk." That results in "junk.swf" (what the Flash Player plays) and "junk.html" (the Web page--Dreamweaver readable--that has the code to call the Flash Player and feed it "junk.swf" to play. Here is the HTML:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN">
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE></TITLE>
    <!-- saved from url=(0013)about:internet -->
    <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Koolmoves">
    </HEAD>
    <BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff">
    <CENTER>
    <object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id=junk width=800 height=600 codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,65,0">
    <param name="movie" value="junk.swf" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="play" value="true" />
    <param name="loop" value="true" />
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
    <embed src="junk.swf" width=800 height=600 bgcolor="#ffffff" quality="high" loop="true"
    type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspace="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
    </object>
    </CENTER>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

What you want is the code within the "object" tag. If you paste that onto your web page and if the .swf is in the same folder with your web page, it should work.

I have my slide show working now but now I would like for my pictures to be the same size. Is there any way to size all of the pictures in my slide show to be the same size?

Super Moderator
    If you select File > Export Movie > Add to existing web page wizard and then select Dreamweaver as your web editor, you will get a tutorial specific to dreamweaver.

If you want all the images the same size, you should resample them outside koolmoves using an editor image tool that does cubic resampling to get the best results.

I played with resizing in flash the tricky part is you have to wait till the image is loaded completely before you can determine the current size and then you can resize it accourdingly.

I assume we're talking about dynamicly loaded images of course

What you're saying is use a image editor to set the size of the pics I want to add to my slide show before creating my slide show in KoolMoves? I tried doing that but I couldn't get all of the pics same size 1st of all so when I felt like they are close I created a slide show and it seemed like KoolMoves took the size of the smallest pic and made the rest of the pics that size too.

You could try Easy Thumbnails
    http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/

It's free and easy to use.
    If you set the thumbnail size to the size you want your images, you can convert all at once to the size you want.

Degenerate and baise art thou. docree's Avatar
    Maybe I found a "flash bug / feature" when loading images into a Kool Moves movie
    clip holding a shape...
    If there is a shape in the movie clip, the loaded image conforms to the height and width of that shape... This may not be the case...

We may need to see your .fun file to know what is going on...

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    If the movie uses predetermined sizes for the pics, I think the only way to ensure quality is to batch process the images like Wilbert suggests and make your slideshow.

You can resize on the fly and we do this for things like avatar uploads for flash forums but even then we usually always state the ideal dimensions we expect if the user doesn't want the image cropped or stretched by allowing them to match it. I guess what I am saying is we code the ability to resize on the fly not because it's the best method or because it's cool...we do it to cover our butts in case a user intentionally uploads a huge image that might screw up our duplicated clips or layouts by exploiting what youir movie does not do....allowing a user to upload an image at runtime (which the avatar example does).