dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: this teacher must be FIRED!

Official Vermont Photo Mod WannaBe_80z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PAlexC
    My respect for teachers and the power-distanace between them and students dropped once I had friends that became teachers. Had I known what those people were really like, I wouldn't have done squat in school.

More details?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I don't know if you're from the big US of A or not, but I know that in the USA our public schools (assuming it is a public school) are under tremendous political pressure, have elected school boards, and are riddled with a lower level of the same politics and bureaucracy that exist in every level of everything government. That said, you are a kid - your voice and opinion carries no weight to these people, sadly - so you will have to get your parents involved. And parents of other kids that are screwed over. Go to the head of the school (e.g. principal), have your parents report the problem, and explain that they will go to the school boad over the situation. Get some angry parents and have them make some threats, and it should all work out.

you shouldn't go to the principal...they're the one's who have things reflected on them when sh** goes bad. You should try to go straight for the superintendent of your district (if that's how it works up there in Canadia).

But yeah, i agree with a few of the above people. You're not going anywhere without proof, parents backing you, and other students parents behind as well. And your newpaper will be sure to cover it once the crap hits the fan.

You'll win no battles going to the paper first. Like Ultima said...these schools run like a government, and just like a government, they've got PR people who will squash whatever arguement you have if you go to the paper first.

The masta of nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by gshock
    I have this teacher at school who must be fired:

1) he is the biggest racist in the world
    2) he blackmails students saying that if they dont give money/food to him he will drop your marks (and he did!)
    3) he gets STUDENTS to mark other students papers... he doesnt correct SQUAT!
    4) He made me do an extra assignment saying ill get extra marks... i spent an entire week on that 1 assignment and he didnt give me crap!
    5) The entire classtime is spent talking... there is absolutely no teaching being done... all this guy thinks about is ordering pizza for lunch and playing video games during his break.
    6) If he is not talking about his weekend he is talking about what he is going to do this weekend.

7)HE GAVE SOME STUDENTS HE WAS CLOSE WITH THE EXAM AND NOTES FOR THE YEAR... while giving other students nothing. is it me or is this just wrong??

I want to report this guy to the newspaper (torontostar) but i dont know where to start ( like which sections and stuff) i also think if i reported this to the office they wouldnt care because this guy is close friends to the principal and stuff... that's probably how he got the job anyhow.

So if anyone can tell me how i should email the torontostar I would be grateful... i'll even post the article one day if they decide to do anything about this.... i just dont want this to happen to anyone else...
    #3 is not that bad, I always do that at my school (ok not always)
    #7...... fired right there

Going straight to The Star probably isn't the best idea. I think the best thing to do is have your parents to lodge a complaint with the principal, or schedule to meet about it. If that doesn't look like it will get you anywhere its time to go to the school board. (Assuming you're part of the public or catholic board, not sure who authority for private is).

You seriously need people to come forward and back up your claims, get their parents involved so multiple complaints can be lodged, otherwise it looks like you just had some personal grudge with the teacher. And as mentioned, you need specific instances to bring up.

Quote Originally Posted by lefteyewilly
    you shouldn't go to the principal...they're the one's who have things reflected on them when sh** goes bad. You should try to go straight for the superintendent of your district (if that's how it works up there in Canadia).

But yeah, i agree with a few of the above people. You're not going anywhere without proof, parents backing you, and other students parents behind as well. And your newpaper will be sure to cover it once the crap hits the fan.

You'll win no battles going to the paper first. Like Ultima said...these schools run like a government, and just like a government, they've got PR people who will squash whatever arguement you have if you go to the paper first.

ummm, thanks steve, i already said it

Quote Originally Posted by PAlexC
    My respect for teachers and the power-distanace between them and students dropped once I had friends that became teachers. Had I known what those people were really like, I wouldn't have done squat in school.
    same. i knew a couple of guys that were totally irresponsible and just questionable characters. one a teacher and the other was a principal. drinking and womanizing most nights of the week, getting arrested for assaulting a police officer and some other things that i best not even mention here.

if its public school, going to the principal will probably be useless. they have no obligation to really be a boss. they're comrades with the teachers, so they will just look to mediate enough that nobody gets in trouble and the parents stop complaining. its part of the problem with our school system.

im hoping we either have vouchers or i can afford to send my kid to private school when the time comes.
    Last edited by indivision; 03-06-2006 at 01:15 AM.

How long before accredited internet schools come online? That could be the answer to a lot of the problems.

they offered internet classes at a college i went to. of course, they were very popular with students. but, ill never forget this. you had to actually meet the teacher on the first day of class. he goes into this big lecture about how you have to be self-disciplined to take the class and that 90% of the students of on-line classes actually get F's. to prove it, he showed us the scores from last semester. he said this was our chance to walk away if we are in that 90% group. a couple smart people left right then but most of us stayed and scoffed to ourselves "i'll do that work along with everything else at home. it'll be great!"

sure enough, i, along with 90% of the class, failed.

jesus you kids are wimps nowadays.

In my day I got wooden board rubbers thrown at my head, dragged accross the classroom by my hair, caned, a leather strap on my hand and for a period of about 3 months I got detention for not having a detention.
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

trust you to pick up on that.
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

Yeah, I had a teacher that used the paddle board quite a bit. It looked like a short flat cricket bat, and he had even drilled holes in it for less wind resistance when he swung it. He used it, but not that much, and I really think corporal punishment in schools worked.

The problerm was, the classrooms were quite well behaved, but then there were fights in the halls between classes and big fights outside after school. They did absolutely nothing to curb those.

Thinking back on it, that may have even been a necessary learning experience too. I never flunked a class and I learned to defend myself. But the overall learning experience was trash and I ended up quitting after my Junior year cause I felt they just weren't teaching me anything worth while.

On the other hand, I don't remember a really bad teacher in all those years. And in no way was any principal protective of them. Or at least from the perspective of a kid in class.

at least he isnt trying to argue the point of using the n word.

that dude was a moron.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

I'm sorry but the original post just sounds like a disgruntled student who wants some revenge on a teacher. I'm not saying any of it isn't true, but you really have no evidence of anything and if it were as bad as you say I'm surprised you hadn't thought about tape recording it earlier. There may be some legality issues behind that but who cares because it wouldn't even go to court. Once the media gets its hands on it the guy is done.

Do something different... confront the teacher in class in front of the students...stand up for what you believe is right...or he will walk all over you.

iTony