A Flash Developer Resource Site

View Poll Results: Which is better in your opinion, Rhapsody or ITunes?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yeah,Rhapsody!

1 16.67%
  • Hell Yeah,ITunes!

5 83.33%

Thread: Rhapsody vs. ITunes

Rhapsody vs. ITunes

I recently started using Rhapsody. And although I like ITunes, it just seems that Rhapsody is much faster and more user friendly. Whaddyathink?

Good ole' fashioned CD's my friend. I don't want anyone limiting my usage of the material b/c I bought it in their proprietary format. Besides, wouldn't the service you use to buy one off songs be determined by what player you have and the different format of file that your portable player (see: iPod) can handle???
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

im pretty sure that if you download a song from rhapsody, it will be able to go onto any mp3 player you have. they have a list that is quite extensive. And to be honest, I have never heard of about 1/3 of the devices that are supported, or didnt even know that companies such as Virgin had their own MP3 player. kinda crazy!

one thing that is great about programs like itunes and rhapsody is that, say you download up to 700 megs of mp3's, then put them on the good ol friend the cd. as long as you have a mp3 compatable cd player, you wont need to change cd's for a while. so you just saved yourself about $100 bucks for a mp3 player by spending .25 cents on a cd.

What's the DRM policy on Rhapsody? Isn't it owned by Real? That's more than enough reason to stay away.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

it is done by real. i would have never downloaded rhapsody, but in order to download itunes, they force you to download the latest version of quicktime. which is cool and all but the lastest version of quicktime has some conflicts with discreets cleaner XL. which i know not everybody uses.

If real touches any software, I run in the other direction.

Real?

REAL?

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    Rhapsody sucks. A friend of mine used it for a while and it caused so many problems. The only experience I had with them was when I signed up for a rewards program at Media Play and they asked me if I wanted to sign up for Rhapsody. I marked no but Real still charged my credit card $20 even though they didn't create an account for me. I called them and they said "oh well, we will cancel it now but you are out $20." I kindly let them know that i'd discuss that with my lawyer and my $20 was credited to my account that night. pansies.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.