A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: No loop for animations???

Unhappy

Ok, I'm pretty new to Flash, but do have some pretty extensive experience with HTML, Java, XML....etc. I feel retarded here, but here's my situation and question:
    I create some shapes in Flash4 on Layer 1, and tween them so the alpha channel goes from 0-100 and scale it from 10-100%. I add another layer where I have spheres shoot in from all sides and then morph into letters. All of this works fine, but loops over and over. How do I get the first layer - the background image to stop while the other layers keep playing?

If you go into your 'action' menu in 'properties', and put in a Stop function, that should sort it out. I think!

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Chloe*:
    If you go into your 'action' menu in 'properties', and put in a Stop function, that should sort it out. I think!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Thanks Chloe, but maybe I didn't state my question correctly. I know how to do that, but say I have two moving layers and want to stop the motion on one, but keep the second one moving.........how do I go about that? When I use the stop command it always stops the whole scene.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

You need to put one of your actions (the one you want to keep moving in a "movie clip" this way it will sit on its own timeline. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.