A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Press SPACEBAR or ENTER to activate and use this control - eolas

I still don't understand where is the problem with running multiple Flash files on the same page. First day I've got this code from deconcept I started to use it like this, and it works perfectly (pay attention to the FLASHCONTENT numbers marked in red) :

For example... first flash animation on your page:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="flashobject.js"></script>

<div id="flashcontent1">
      	Either you don't have Flash plugin installed or you have Javascript turned off.
    	Both are required for browsing this page...
    	</div>
    	<script type="text/javascript">
       	var fo = new FlashObject("3D_Anim_Room.swf", "3D_Anim_Room", "213", "185", "7", "#000000");
    	fo.addParam("align", "t");
       	fo.write("flashcontent1");
    	</script>
    ...second flash animation on your page:

Code:

<div id="flashcontent2">
    	</div>
       	var fo = new FlashObject("MainAnim.swf", "MainAnim", "422", "450", "7", "#000000");
       	fo.write("flashcontent2");
    	</script>
    ...third flash animation on your page:

Code:

<div id="flashcontent3">
    	</div>
       	var fo = new FlashObject("LittleIntro.swf", "LittleIntro", "111", "111", "7", "#000000");
    	fo.addParam("wmode", "transparent");
       	fo.write("flashcontent3");
    	</script>
    Last ione contains this line also:
    Code:
    	fo.addParam("wmode", "transparent");
    Just because I wanted it to be transparent, otherwise you can exclude it...

And so on, and so on... again, just pay attention to those FLASHCONTENT numbers... it's just like layering kind -of thing.

Hope this helps someone...
    Cheers !
    Sasha

P.S. Take a look at my PORTFOLIO link in my signature... on the splash page, you can see three different Flash animations playing in the same time without any difficulties. And also, the top one is actually even nested inside the floating layer (just try to resize your browser's window, horizontal axis)
    Last edited by Thankful; 05-02-2006 at 07:32 AM.
    :: ONLINE PORTFOLIO :: web site (Flash version 7 required, recommended screen resolution: at least 1024x768 pixels)

:: SASHA-Z-CREATIONS :: web site

Ask The Geezer, did you ever get your FSR file? I'm still waiting for mine.

No I haven't heard a thing.

I'm going to mail him again.

He hasn't been answering my emails. I'm going to lodge a complaint with PayPal. I notice we haven't heard from stayingTuned, the guy who brought it up to begin with.

Let me know what happens.

PayPal got a refund for me. Actually, I'm disappointed that the FSR thing didn't work out. I was hoping for a simple utility. It looks like this stuff is going to drag out for a long time before there are any easy solutions.

I turned mine in too, they said they were investigating. But in my case, nothing was ever drawn out.

On the other hand, even before he came along, I was using a workaround that MS came out with. Now for some reason, that one was taken down, but it works fine. It was a folder, with the 2 js files in it, and three bits of code that you added to the page. I keep a copy of the folder to paste into any site I'm working on, and added the code bits to the Dreamweaver Snippetts panel. Now it takes about a minute to convert a page over.

Mr. Geezer...I have that one also. I used the workaround by Adobe and now I'm using Flash Object. As a side note, I just downloaded a couple of betas from Microsoft. One seems to be potential competition for Illustrator and the other seems to be an attempt to possibly rival Flash. I've just begun to take a look, so my conclusions may be faulty. If it is true that Microsoft is going to try to compete with Flash, my aluminum foil cap is beginning to glow with conspiracy rays. Will the new "MicroFlash" be able to run on IE without any problems? Hmmmmmm.....

There are already a number of other "flash" programs, and many others will export to the swf format. But I don't think anyone will equal Flash. I mean, unless Adobe really drops the ball, which they probably will.

UPDATE>>>

OK, I got mine in an e-mail;

Hey Mitch! Sorry about the huge delay, you may have noticed on the FSR site that we’ve developed a windows utility that will scan an entire project directory making the updates in seconds and after a lot of hard work, it’s ready. The utility is $15 but I’m sending it to everyone who purchased the extension in the past week or so. This is far superior to the page-by-page method the extension was based on. Anyhow, here is FSR. Just extract and run it, no cumbersome installs or anything. Your serial key is: XXX-XXX-XXX which will disable the initial countdown screen completely. Feedback is extremely important to me so if there is something else this utility should do, please send me a line.

Thanks and spread the word if you get a chance!

-Mike

And, of course, it works fine. Real fast too, does a whole folder of html pages and adds the js file in the folder.

Mitch, its Mike ; o ). Thanks for your patience! Its a Visual C++ app so its blazing fast. Too dam fast really, we had this cool processing sequence thing going but it ended up being irrelevant even on a 4k+ file "project" execution and we did not want an installer. Anyhow, if anything can be improved upon, please hit me up!

-Mike

I know, I thought it wasn't working right, cause it looked like nothing was happening.

There is one problem I saw though. If you hit the process button twice, it writes the java incude part in the head tag twice. Not sure if you can fix that but would be nice.

I also haven't tried it on a page with more than one flash movie. Does it take care of that?

It will address multiple instances of flash on a single page. Currently we have it so the .js isn't replicated but the multiple injection on the files wasn't considered upon re-processing. Yes, it will be fixed, thanks for the feedback man.

-Mike

Ahhhh, see another problem. Going to a page with this fix on it, look at the MS flag in the upper right corner. It never stops, like it's still downloading.

http://www.learningflashmx.com/fsr/movie1.html

And here's a page with another workaround on it, flashobject, I think.

http://www.flashbax.com/slide_show.htm

I'm not getting that flag. Which version of which browser is giving you the flag?

-Mike

It's IE 6.0.2800 with SP1 on XP Pro. My partner sees it on the same stuff with SP2.

Are you certain its not an ad bar or something? This flag being in the upper right hand corner is alien to me. I've seen instances where IE will chug on a web service and/or local data source, in which case I'll see "x abjects still loading" on things in the past but never a flag graphic.

-Mike

You've never seen this flag waving while a page loads? That's what happens. It never stops waving on the first link above, but does when the movie is done loading on that second link.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ask The Geezer
    You've never seen this flag waving while a page loads? That's what happens. It never stops waving on the first link above, but does when the movie is done loading on that second link.
    If you have a minute, try inserting a / before the include directive on the actual html page and then upload it. I'm thinking win/linux/j2ee boxes may handle root relativity on the server side a little different.

-m

Ah, good point, be right back.