A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Press SPACEBAR or ENTER to activate and use this control - eolas

What About Firefox

Hi.

Although the code provided on this board works great in IE It is not recognized in Firefox.

Sooooo, what does one do to avoid the issue at hand and make it cross browser compatible in ALL major browsers.

Feedback would definitly be appreciated considering I patched all my Flash files only to find that this patch is not recognized in Firefox.

Thank you in advance for your participation.
    CD

Theres a tutorial in my footer that works with all the browsers I've tried it on, which isn't all of them, but FF is one.

It works buuut...

Hi Geezer.

The new patch woorks buuut....SOme of the code from the original patch no longer does, specifically the code that appears if I do not have the appropriate FLash player.

I think that's becasue your code is surrounded by <noscript> tags and this needs to be within <script> tags.

Any suggestions?

The code that I'd like to incorporate within your code is pasted below.

-CD

<div id="flashcontent">
    <table width="600" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
    <tr>
    <td align="center" valign="middle" class="font12">
    <font face="Arial"><br>
    WARNING: This site requires the Macromedia Flash 7 Player or higher.
    <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" target="_blank">
    <br>
    <br>
    Download Now </a></font> </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </div>
    CD

Why does it have to go within the object tags? The code I use goes just around the object tags and after it, it can be in it's own div layer.

follow up

Hi Geezer.

I'm just following what the website provided. Below is the code I have. Do you knwo how to remix it so that both work in tangent?

-CD

<div id="flashcontent">
    <table width="600" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
    <tr>
    <td align="center" valign="middle" class="font12">
    <font face="Arial"><br>
    WARNING: This site requires the Macromedia Flash 7 Player or higher.
    <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" target="_blank">
    <br>
    <br>
    Download Now </a></font> </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </div>

<noscript><object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="300" height="200">
    <param name="movie" value="assets/intro_cd_WHITE.swf">
    <param name="quality" value="high">
    <embed src="assets/intro_cd_WHITE.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="300" height="200"></embed>
    </object></noscript>
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" >
    <!--
    AC_RunFlContentX ("movie", "assets/intro_cd_WHITE", "quality", "high", "src", "assets/intro_cd_WHITE", "width", "300", "height", "200" );
    //-->
    </script>
    CD

Not sure what your getting at. If the flash movie is playing, then you got it right and my stuff works. The code in the flashcontent div tag has nothing to do with anything, it's just text on the page and a link.

The First stip of code is from the origianl patch that I found on this thread. You code works great only I have no idea how to incorporate the first chunk of code which is also great code within yours so that if someone does not have flash they see the message from the first chunk of code. This first chunk no longer seems to work with your code.
    CD

Your first bit of code won't work with mine. It has nothing to do with it. All mine does is prevent the activex warning in IE browsers from coming up.

I know...Any suggestions?
    CD

Not really. I know Flash has a Publish option to check for versions, but I've never used it.