A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Please Help! Sound problems!!

Please Help! Sound problems!!

Hi there! recently bought a flash template and am having problems with the sound.

There are inbuilt sound controls fast fwwd/rewind/play/stop which I cannot for the life of me work out how the sound is incorporated into them!

When the template is exported there are 3 music tracks that can be selected and played by pressing back/forward on the sound controls then pressing play.

There are also 3 layers with a box in them on the stage at frame 20 that state 'add music here'.

There is no music currently in these layers and the music still plays when the template is exported.

My next course of action was to add my music clips to the " add music here layers on the timeline". Consequently my music plays along with the original music from the template! nice! haha

So I proceeded to import the sound I wanted to use into the library selecting the library items that the template sounds pertained to.... ie. just replacing the sound file that was referenced by the original template files...

This works just fine- my music plays- apart from the fact that the original music clips in the template were 20 seconds long and on a loop so as you may have guessed my new files only play for 20 seconds then loop back to the start... i am pretty new to flash and cant find anything in the action script that shows me how long each clip should play for!

Any help will be appreciated!!!
    Last edited by AshleyPope; 03-12-2006 at 07:22 PM.

it could be something as simple as the 3 boxes are movie clips and they don't have enough frames in them to play the entire clip. You may (or may not) want to post the fla as it can be easier to troubleshoot when your actually mucking around.

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

yA that sounds right. Try making it one frame and usally it will play the entire track.
    All out of Honey Buffers, so i grabed a few Goose Heads

hey no luck :-( any other suggestions?

if you can post the .fla i will look at it.

hey I PM'd you a link to the FLA! all help will be greatly appreciated!

This is the code that plays the music from the library. Code is place on a button for the Back, Forward.
    The "s1" is aframe label in the main movie (Frame 73) which plays the sound effects (layer45) Not sure why the button for the music player is tied in with that~:

Code:
    on(rollOver) {
    	this.gotoAndPlay("s1");
    }

on(rollOut, releaseOutside) {
    	this.gotoAndPlay("s2");
    }

on(release) {
    	num=_root.main_mus._currentframe;
    	num++;
    	if(num>6) {num=1;}
    	_root.main_mus.gotoAndPlay(num);
    }

The other code
    Code:
    on(release) {
    	num=_root.main_mus._currentframe;
    	num++;
    	if(num>6) {num=1;}
    	_root.main_mus.gotoAndPlay(num);
    is saying when you release the forward button go to the next track, the problem is its not stopping the previous track, other wise it works fine. The real issue is that you are not seeing where the movie clip is which is deep down with in the flash file. There is a whole lot that you are not seeing.

Let me post some screen shots. Let me modify the action script so it will stop the previous track.

So when you find a track that you want on your computer, Choose File--> Import to Libarary then you can choose it from the drop down box in the screen shot when you select the frame 1-3 on layer 3 in the "Paste Music Here Movie Clip"
    You need to double click the Paste music here MC and drill down to the player.
    Does that make sense?
    Attached Images Attached Images

hey thanks!

I managed to import my tracks and get them from stopping to run into each other but they still only play for 20 seconds each and then loop back to the start - each clip I'm trying to import is around 120 seconds long...

have been wracking my brains the last couple of days as to why the newly imported tracks are not playing for their full length!!!

do you have any ideas why this may be?

and thanks once again for all your help so far!

When I loaded a 3 min song it played its full length, Are you changing the the music on the frame in the screen shot?

hey changed the music in layer 3 but still getting the tracks playing for around 20 seconds... also cant see the action script in layer 1 pertaining to the actual controls... noiced that you had unlocked all the layers in your screen shots so unlocked all my layers -

I then double clicked on the coloured boxes that are part of the 'music here' layer and took each seperate music track and placed it on a different coloured box. ie. frames 1, 3 and 5

the music now appears on layer 2 and plays through but all the tracks play at once!
    Last edited by AshleyPope; 03-14-2006 at 08:46 PM.

Any sound put in layer 3 plays for the same amount of time as the original clips and not the amount of time the new clips are