dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: US objects to Russian fuel for Tarapur

Peace - Just in Heaven koolbabs2000's Avatar

US objects to Russian fuel for Tarapur

The United States has opposed Russia's move to supply nuclear fuel for India's Tarapur power plant.

Washington says Russia should not supply the fuel until India fulfils its obligations under the Indo-US nuclear deal.

http://www.ndtv.com/topstories/showt...egory=National

Why does US want to play Big brother all the time ???
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
    - The Mahatma.

Unless this is the first you've heard about it, other countries are nearing the ability to develope nuclear technology. It's not so certain that everybody will be as responsible as we were (not that that is so admirable either).

everybody will be as responsible as we were
    ??

What exactly is "responsible" about Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Three mile island? etc etc etc.

The US is worried that once other countries have nuclear power/bombs they won't want to listen to Uncle Sam anymore. And quite rightly.
    Hariyemadzisawira nhaka yedu! Down the SCUD and win!
    I'm too lazy to read Private Messages.

No, the US is worried that countries that don't appreciate mutually assured distruction will get their hands on them. A lot of the nations looking to acquire them would probably use them in an isolated incident.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were a completely different story. A global conflict was winding down and the Japanese were looking to make it as bloody as possible with no option of surrender.

The U.S.S.R. was the best enemy the U.S. ever had. They fully understood the consequences of everything.

As far as Russia selling fuel to India...probably undermines some deal we had and would eat into some kind of profit, that's all. Besides, the Russians have tough enough time these days keeping track of their own former stockpiles.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

...eat into some kind of profit
    You are probably right- thats the way global politics works these days.
    Hariyemadzisawira nhaka yedu! Down the SCUD and win!
    I'm too lazy to read Private Messages.

Oh they opposed huh ? Hm and what are they going to do about it ? ***** and moan like cartman !? "That's bad Russia ! No Russia Bad kittaaaaaaaay !"

Oppose all you want, not like russians really followed that whole embargo thing on Iraqi oil.....or you know, putting up nukes in Cuba. The complaint ahs been noted I'm sure, and Putin prolly wiped his ass with it.