A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: dynamic text on a path?

dynamic text on a path?

For a project I'm working on I'd like to be able to have dynamic text on a path (a circle).

Can anyone point me in a direction that doesn't involve importing all the instances I'll need already in circle form from fireworks or illustrator?

Thanks!
    Lief

Both aps allow you to fit text to a path.
    Look under the text tab in the main tool bar and scroll down a little.
    All you do is draw a shape and select text you want to curve, use the fit to path option and tada!
    photoshop is a little different, you can choose a number of different curved for your text to follow from the "curve text" dialoge box.
    Um... Of ther progs, corel draw has a fit to path option, which works the same as the first two... and Im pretty sure you can edit your text in flash aswell...
    Have a look in the "help topics" next time youre working in Fireworks. Most macromedia products have very good help indexes.

Knows where you live
    If Natsia misunderstood you and you want to do it dynamically in flash you will need to have each letter as a seperate mc and use string.substring as well as a for loop to go through each letter and place it on the stage in its own dynamic text box.
    The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
    - Walter Bagehot
    The height of cleverness is to be able to conceal it.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld