A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: html in flash

html in flash

hi all,

if U have a flash 8, goto

C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Flash 8\Samples and utorials\Samples\Text\TextEnhancements

then open:
    TextEnhancements.swf

ok it reads html and puts it into flash,

HOW CAN I MAKE THAT LINK (to macromedia website) TO OPEN IN THE SAME MOVIECLIP?

I have no idea what you mean ???

hi,

if U have opened it, then in the end of the text, there is a link (Click here for more), if u dont see it then scroll down a little.

when U press it the new window opens. I want to open the page in the flash, in the same movieclip where the "sample.html" is loadet.

understood?

What grade did you earn in English?
    And, No, We dont understand. Please put it into English.
    Kannst sie sprechen das auf Englisch oder Deutsch bitte?

from the begining.

There is an apportunity to load html file into flash.

The example:
    http://www.rafes.lt/naujas/

in the end of the text, tehre is a link "Click here for more."
    When U press it, new window appears. I want to make the linked page to open in the flash.

The sourse:
    C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Flash 8\Samples and utorials\Samples\Text\TextEnhancements

any ideas?

Captain, Spock here...I think my tricorder is broken.

I think he is refering to the loadVars thingie... In the example the .swf file loads the data dynamically from that .html file ( the code is inside your .fla file so i won't start to explain to u what every piece of code does )... I think he wants to know how that Hyperlink is created ( the that sais "Click here for more.", and which links to www.macromedia.com )...

Well, bro... First of all you need to have a .html file from which the .swf loads the data. And actually the link is simple HMTL code inserted into the .html file ( and not flash ), example: <A HREF="http://www.macromedia.com">Click here for more.</A>... You just put that code into your .html file, load the file dynamically into the swf... and it's done... If you want to change the hyperlink then you just change the URL ( the www.macromedia.com thingie... ).

Hope i got your problem right, if not, do you speak romanian or hungarian ( + english or german )? Thanks. ( and next time please try to explain more clearly your problem because not everyone understands what you are trying to do ).

Regards,
    Biro
    Last edited by wbwd; 03-18-2006 at 12:34 PM.

i feel it's near

in html there is a hyperlink:
    <A HREF="http://www.macromedia.com">Click here for more.</A>

the swf file loads the html. i don't want to change the hyperlink in html, i just want to open that link in the swf file.

it's hardo for me to express myself. sorry and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ifmi
    i feel it's near

in html there is a hyperlink:
    <A HREF="http://www.macromedia.com">Click here for more.</A>

the swf file loads the html. i don't want to change the hyperlink in html, i just want to open that link in the swf file.

it's hardo for me to express myself. sorry and thank you.
    Ok, so you CAN'T open that link inside a .swf file... You can only open it in a new browser window ( or in the same browser window )... Any other problems ?

create a new text box
    go to 'properties'
    click on the little (looks like <>) button that's alt'd 'html text'
    now you can send that textbox html text in the variable you specified

if you're using API to create the text box you need to set html to true and use htmlText instead of text as the text field.

Quote Originally Posted by Inglor
    create a new text box
    go to 'properties'
    click on the little (looks like <>) button that's alt'd 'html text'
    now you can send that textbox html text in the variable you specified

if you're using API to create the text box you need to set html to true and use htmlText instead of text as the text field.
    lol, ok, what are you talking about? did he ask for that ? lol... confused...

(F word)

there is a swf file, there is a dynamic text box, where is loaded html file,
    all i want that the links from the html file to open in the same dynamic text box,
    and no new window or popup or something.

(F word)

there is a swf file, there is a dynamic text box, where is loaded html file,
    all i want that the links from the html file to open in the same dynamic text box,
    and no new window or popup or something.
    As i said, that is not possible... Or maybe my flash knowledge is just limited ( but i never saw something like that to function, thoe i even tried it, but can't make it work.. Maybe in a never version of flash, but this ain't possible yet... ).

IT IS POSSIBLE (dayum), I just said how it's done and got asked "
    lol, ok, what are you talking about? did he ask for that ? lol... confused."

create a textbox, go to the properties panel, make it dynamic and mark the HTML text option, there is such an option there, and it makes the variable parse as html, so

<a href="mysite.com">My Site</a>

would output as

My Site

create a textbox, go to the properties panel, make it dynamic and mark the HTML text option, there is such an option there, and it makes the variable parse as html, so

would output as

My Site
    Ok, i'm not sure if you are getting the point. Or maybe it just won't work for me, but please post a .swf file that loads a web page inside it ex: www.plenarycreation.com I'm realy curios how you do it...

would output as
    hi,

I did it, but it's still not working.

if U have an example, can you show it?

hi,

I did it, but it's still not working.

if U have an example, can you show it?
    Yeah, i'm waiting for the same thing, i'm like 90% sure that it CAN NOT be done ( but maybe i'm mistaking ). Waiting for an example Inglor... Thanks

Regards,
    Biro

Flash can parse html, it can't parse images,positions or anything, but it can show html links, email (which are links kinda), underline, bold, italic text and even append a CSS sheet.

This tutorial tracks back to flash 5, there you go :
    http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/kn...fm?id=tn_14808

I sometimes code more advanced stuff, I once coded position parsing in html using the XML object, wasn't very useful, only did floats and margins, nothing impressive

Flash can parse html, it can't parse images,positions or anything, but it can show html links, email (which are links kinda), underline, bold, italic text and even append a CSS sheet.

This tutorial tracks back to flash 5, there you go :
    http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/kn...fm?id=tn_14808

I sometimes code more advanced stuff, I once coded position parsing in html using the XML object, wasn't very useful, only did floats and margins, nothing impressive
    lol, as i said.. you are off-topic... Maybe you didn't read the post well or something because you didn't understand his problem... He has no problem with the CSS style of the html page, what he wants to do is to OPEN a web site in a .swf file ( and not in a browser; meaning that he would like to use his .swf file as a browser ) <<< but that is not possible ( or atleast in my opinion it's not, but if you think you can do it then go ahead and prove me wrong )...
    ex: when clicked on a link inside a .swf file then that link should open the page that is linked to INSIDE the .swf file ( and not inside a new or parent window )...

PS: I know that english is hard, but come on, it can't be that hard....

Regards,
    Biro

I am on topic and I've always been on topic =)

What I'm saying is that flash can parse HTML to an extent, it can parse stylesheets, text and more but it can't for example display images or position stuff relatively natively. However you can code these features on your own,