dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: html in flash

Quote Originally Posted by Inglor
    I am on topic and I've always been on topic =)

What I'm saying is that flash can parse HTML to an extent, it can parse stylesheets, text and more but it can't for example display images or position stuff relatively natively. However you can code these features on your own,
    You still didn't get the point... lol
    PLEASE READ ALL THE POSTS !!! - and try to understand them...

Cheers Bro,
    Biro

Images Positioning CSS stylesheets and all the terms I used are web-page techniques used.

What he wants as far as I understand is to simulate a web browser in flash. I'm claiming this is possible to an extent because:

1)Javascript can be parsed into AS, the two are very similar
    2)Server Side Coding like CF and PHP executes on the server anyway, so it doesn't matter
    3)Flash has CSS stylesheets and tags parsed itself to an extent.
    4)Positioning with style="float:left;float:right" and such can be done with an array, and just setting _x and _y properties
    5)Center tags can be handled with Stage.width/2-this._width/2 , so can other similar tags
    6)Margins are just _x+= next object's _x+= , _y+= and next object's _y +=
    7)Absolute and relative positions are again just toying with _x and _y
    8)Repeats through duplicateMovieClip,

You can't reach something as powerful and dynamic as firefox or internet explorer (or anything else coded in an actual programming language)

You can pretty much get what he wants though, again, to an extent

I'm getting the feeling you don't understand some of the terms I'm using, it's no shame but try not to criticize them unless you fully understand.

Images Positioning CSS stylesheets and all the terms I used are web-page techniques used.

What he wants as far as I understand is to simulate a web browser in flash. I'm claiming this is possible to an extent because:

1)Javascript can be parsed into AS, the two are very similar
    2)Server Side Coding like CF and PHP executes on the server anyway, so it doesn't matter
    3)Flash has CSS stylesheets and tags parsed itself to an extent.
    4)Positioning with style="float:left;float:right" and such can be done with an array, and just setting _x and _y properties
    5)Center tags can be handled with Stage.width/2-this._width/2 , so can other similar tags
    6)Margins are just _x+= next object's _x+= , _y+= and next object's _y +=
    7)Absolute and relative positions are again just toying with _x and _y
    8)Repeats through duplicateMovieClip,

You can't reach something as powerful and dynamic as firefox or internet explorer (or anything else coded in an actual programming language)

You can pretty much get what he wants though, again, to an extent

I'm getting the feeling you don't understand some of the terms I'm using, it's no shame but try not to criticize them unless you fully understand.
    I've understood everything that you've said, but try to undersant that he isn't a PRO programmer or anything in flash, you can't explain things at your level of knowledge to someone who want's something simple and has no idea how to create it... I know that you can simulate a web browser at a certain extend but that's not what he wants, and not the way he wants ( he simply wants to open that bloody page inside that .swf file and it should look just like in the browser.... that is NOT YET possible ! ). Try to explain things at a level which everyone understands...

Regards,
    Biro
    Last edited by wbwd; 03-19-2006 at 08:53 AM.

He asked how he can do it, I suggested an easy 1 click fix that works for text which is still, most of the content on the web, the auto thing does parse styling tags, links and such.

The last post was regarding you saying that it's not possible, just wanted to share my two cents on how it is possible to an extent.

Cheers,
    Inglor

He asked how he can do it, I suggested an easy 1 click fix that works for text which is still, most of the content on the web, the auto thing does parse styling tags, links and such.

The last post was regarding you saying that it's not possible, just wanted to share my two cents on how it is possible to an extent.

Cheers,
    Inglor
    Ok, anyways, just close the whole subject because we are doing everything but not helping him...

Regards,
    Biro

i think there is a way to do it,

in the html file where link is, for example <a href="site" target="???">site</a>,

the "target" must go directly to swf. There is a possibility to get the variables from hyperlink into flash: Using variable from URL

but i don't know how to cimbine them, any ideas?
    it is possible?