A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Movie doesn't finish

Movie doesn't finish

I really hope someone can help me with this. I am fairly new to flash so this may even be an easy fix. Here's what is supposed to happen...When I load the page a really short introdution movie plays. There is a "Play Presentation" click event which plays a longer movie. This all works fine except that when the presentation movie is over it is supposed to play the introduction movie again and it doesn't. When I go into the folder that contains the .swf file and double click it, it works perfectly. When I double click the .swf file in Dreamweaver, it works fine. It only fails when I'm trying to test the entire page. If anyone has a solution for this problem, I would really appreciate the help. Thank you in advance.

Are all your .swf file in the same ( or right ) directory ( andbe sure that you added the correct URL in flash ) ? And be sure that they are named correctly after you upload them to your sever, it's CaSe sensitive... If that won't work then post your .swf files here so that we can take a look at them...

Good Luck,
    Biro

Thanks for your help. The .swf files are on my desktop in a folder that contains everything for the web site. I just can't figure out why it would all work fine when I test just the .swf file but not when I test the entire page. I'm not at the point where I'm even uploading to the server yet. I'm just testing it on my machine to see how it's all fitting together. I tried everything I can think of in both Flash and Dreamweaver but I just can't seem to make sense of this. Any further thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.