A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: making the movie fit any browser size?

Unhappy

greetings...
    First things first...there is a lot of damn good talent here, I must commend all flashers. Even though i am a newbie I am thoroughly impressed by the infinite possibilities of flash. I believe that in the very near future there will be no html left it will all be flash. Let's face it, it is very possible.

One question. How do i get the size of my movie to equal the size of the browser? Check out my site it is still underdevelopement and it is my first one....i just started using flash 1 month ago and have not taken any classes..all books.
    http://www.cconditioning.com/newcc/newcc.html
    I know it is kind of choppy. I made the movie 600x400
    go easy on me....ok maybe not...hit me hard

thanks
    undrdg.

Not a Flash Kit Moderator
    The FlashDoctor

Lightbulb

Ok since we are in the design board, here it is, your site should have tose text fades going the other way, it is hard to read it as it is trailing off into the atmosphere. Also Increase your framerate by about 7 frames per second, it will make the users experience more enjoyable. Steve

flash size

you want to make the movie fill the screen

in your html code where you most likely embeded it in dreamweaver as I do

look at the top of the code for your movie size which will be what you set it as originally

change the width to 100% and height to 100%

and ole` you have a full size flash movie

Browser size

Not to take merit from the advice above...here is another point you may want to consider

Try a resolution of 600x800 to make your movies, and in your publish setings make sure the "Publish as Percentage" is selected to 100% this should auto fit most browser resolutions...Or you could try and put your movie in a table and centering it.... this always requires experimenting

Tony

link to the swf file instead of it's container html.
    the swf will take all of the browser window no matter what it's size or shape.

Thanks Alexei You are right the Publish as percentage dosent work with all resolutions.....in fact sometimes its a damn nusiance
    Tony

Hi, I'm a newbie here. So pardon me if I did something wrong. According to Alexei, linking the .swf file directly opens the movie filling up the browser. I tried it and it worked in IE5 but it didn't work on netscape4. I could not find a reason why. Maybe someone can help me? I went to some flash site, they seem to use frames to make the movie fill up the whole browser. Is it foolproof?
    [Edited by glycerine on 07-08-2000 at 04:20 PM]

Hey glycerine i've done it several times (link to the swf) and it never gave me any problem... are you sure you have the flsh pluggin installed for netscape also???
    if you dont have the pluggin, without the html code to set the codebase for the embed object, netscape will try to read the file as a html/text file and you know wath that means...

hey guys, how do you link to the swf file

spelling error

Cool presentation but I thought you might want to know that you've got a spelling error at "Climate Conditiong offers..." instead of "Climate Conditioning offers..."