A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Issues with moving

Issues with moving

Take a look at this template: http://www.templatemonster.com/flash...ates/9526.html

When you click the links, they move the entire layout around. Here's a screenshot of the layout in Flash: http://www.dyjytyl.com/images/flash1.jpg

I need to swap the content for the bottom left with the top right.

Problem: currently, the "scrolling image gallery" calls to the location below it to blow the image up. I don't understand how they get the content to scroll upwards. Is it in the button? Here's the actionscript for when you click on the image:

on (release) {
    _root.pages.pag5.fotos.gotoAndPlay("start");
    _root.f=1;
    _root.b=5;
    _root.xkoord = 383;
    _root.ykoord = 13;
    }

The code when clicking on the "return to portfolio" link:

on (release) {
    _root.b = 3;
    _root.xkoord = 383;
    _root.ykoord = 395;
    }

I don't know what xkoord or ykoord is.. Anyone help please?

xkoord = _x ykoord = _y In that site, all the content lies within one main mc, depending on which button is pressed, the content mc scrolls to the specified _x & _y coordinates using a simple easing effect.

Where did that script you posted come from?... I can't help you with what you posted because you haven't told me anything i would need to know. For example, what are your movieclips instance names?.... What is b in _root.b = 5; and what is f in _root.f=1;?... Without more info on how YOU have structured your file i don't know what to tell you.

---- wait. edit:
    i just looked at your screenshot. all you need to do is move all the mc's in the "gallery" section to where the current "about" section is.. then change the current xkoord and ykoord values for the gallery, to the values that are set for the "about" section.. You just have to swap the locations physically in authoring, and then swap the actionscript references to them....
    Please DO NOT PM me simply for individual help. Post in the public forums...that's what they are for, and they allow others to benefit as well. - Thx
    OS X 10.3.9 || Flash MX04 Pro
    | del.icio.us || furl || Helpful Source Files || Free Pixel Fonts |

awesome. I get what you're saying. I wrote down all the coords for each thing.

I am still stumped as to what .b = x is.. I know f = x is a certain frame number.. but b is weird because when changed it doesn't seem to make any noticable difference. I should be able to get it from here.

well i couldn't tell you what b is... i can't see the code. Doesn't Template Monster give you some kind of support when you buy stuff from them?... As much as they charge... they should...
    Please DO NOT PM me simply for individual help. Post in the public forums...that's what they are for, and they allow others to benefit as well. - Thx
    OS X 10.3.9 || Flash MX04 Pro
    | del.icio.us || furl || Helpful Source Files || Free Pixel Fonts |

They say they offer service for editing templates.. I'll have to try that out. The templates are a bit pricey, but you can't find the quality anywhere else. I'm a quality guy, I would rather just pay the extra to get it done the right way =)

Unfortunately, my mind works like a designer, not a programmer. I think more visually. But I do appreciate your help and advice with this. Should be smooth sailing from here on out.

They say they offer service for editing templates.. I'll have to try that out. The templates are a bit pricey, but you can't find the quality anywhere else. I'm a quality guy, I would rather just pay the extra to get it done the right way =)

Unfortunately, my mind works like a designer, not a programmer. I think more visually. But I do appreciate your help and advice with this. Should be smooth sailing from here on out.