A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Slowest Site on the net !

It's a long way to the middle launchpad67's Avatar

Slowest Site on the net !

Although I love Flashkit, and use it everyday, it has become so deadly slow, and goes against everything we talk about here. I would think will all the 'ads' you have floating around the pages that you are bringing in enough income to buy some serious servers, that are fast and reliable!
    What is the main issue with the speed of this site? What is the problem with the search function? Whay do I get "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later" all the time?
    I do realize that this site is crammed full of threads and info, and understand how it can get bogged down but is there anything being done to correct this?

Thanks,
    because I love this place but almost dread clicking the link anymore.

The site was moved to it's own brand new server a few months ago. This is a different issue that we're trying to track down.

-_-
    There is a entire thread on that in the coffe lounge.

For now I think we have this issue resolved. Please let us know if you see anymore problems. Thanks for the feedback on this!

Ive only ever got the server is too busy message about 3 times since ive been on here, and it isnt that slow try to get mozilla firefox, its very fast
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

Writer and E-Music Hobbyist Cemrin's Avatar
    I recommend the same thing.

Download Mozilla Firefox here if you haven't already:

http://www.mozilla.com/
    "Music is the swirl of invisible light that bonds and seperates the world..."

Writer and E-Music Hobbyist Cemrin's Avatar
    And I'm sorry, but I have to say this....

How can you justify this site as the slowest on the net? Other people find it fast, and other people find it slow.... I would say that Friendster is slower than Flashkit.

Its just probably your connection speed and stuff.... there's really no way to determine it as THE SLOWEST on the internet. Right?
    "Music is the swirl of invisible light that bonds and seperates the world..."