A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Really Need It]Help! Loading Individual Levels!

[Really Need It]Help! Loading Individual Levels!

Okay, this is a problem.How in the world do you load individual parts of a flash game at a time? I know about pre-loaders, but how can you moderate and change the preloader to load one part, and then have some else load the next part of the game. I see it in alot of games, but I haven't been able to find one tutorial on it after scaouting around for 3 days! Any helps?

Depends exactly what you want to do.

You can either have the levels as swf's, so you just loadMovie them in, load map data ( So either text of xml ) etc.

Squize.

But if they are seperate .swfs, how in the world can you have varibles that affect another .swf?

You just load it into a container mc.

So you have a nice empty mc on stage, call the instance "levelContainer", and just load the external swf into that.
    Then you can get to it as you normally would, and the loaded swf can use _parent to read and pass data to the main movie.

All your code should be in the main movie, you only really want to load in images and pure data ( In an ideal world ).
    If you can give a clearer example of the type of game you're trying to make it may make things easier.

Squize.