A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: blurry text

Hybrid View

blurry text

I tried most of the recommended advice for fixing blurry text, and it still lingers...

Anyone have any advice or ideas? The rest of the headings aren't blurry. And I did place it on coordinates without decimals. Also, the font properties match the other ones coming in clear. (and the font is size 8)

Have you checked the Anti-Alias setting of the text?
    Make sure it's set to readability.
    Aslo, this may not make any difference, but is the text field set to 'Static' ?
    The only other thing I could suggest is to copy one of the text fileds that look ok, paste it and edit the content.

Let us know how it goes.

Surprisingly enough, all I needed to do was copy and edit from another text header. It didn't work before, so something must have changed that made it work this time.

Thank you

i am also having problems with blurry text. How did you fix yours? I have a paragraph of text that display on the home page, only some of the words go blurry

Hi, guys i'm a newb, but I encountered the same problem with text before. Fixing it is actually very simple. Just click on/select the text (same for when you need to move it), then in your Properties palette, make sure the text's position doesn't have decimals (in other words the position parameters should be WHOLE numbers).

i.e.
    from
    x: 123.3
    y: 43.4

to
    x: 123.0
    y: 43.0

Just round them off to their closest integer.