A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: my first flash template (a couple questions)

my first flash template (a couple questions)

Ok so i made this and i followed a tutorial (kind of) but i dont relaly care about the design that isnt the point of the thread or the template that was just basicly so i could learn how to do it

http://photobucket.com/albums/a305/v...tflashsite.swf

anyways a couple questions

some people cant see the flash stuff like buttons n content... but others can all they see is the blue frame and the white in middle no text or anything like that... do u know why?

also i know the background isnt flash ima learn how to do that but my other question was i learnd how to make transitions to diffrent pages like the page moves in when the button is clicked but how do i make it soo theother page can move out then the other one move in?
    --------------------------------------------------

also comment on my DJ template i made today aswell u can comment on the design if u wish but rather u answere my questions if possible thanks
    or u can do both

http://www.veggie.adminpalace.com/te...-Template.html

thanks
    Last edited by Veggie1232; 03-23-2006 at 08:50 PM.

wow 2 days later no feedback or help

Flasher
    Hi Veggie. First of all, this seems to be posted in the wrong forum . It probably belongs in either the Site Check or Flash General Help forums.
    Anyway, I'm going to assume you're using Flash 8. Since you probably also published the file for Flash Player 8, people that have tested it out may have errors if they are not using Flash Player 8. Try exporting/publishing the files as Flash Player 7 or even 6, since you don't seem to be using any Flash 8 or 7 effects, unless (and you probably are) using AS2, so I reccomend publishing as Flash Player 7.
    To make the page transition out you can make another tween in the movie clips that hold the content of the page...

Hope that helps,
    Sportzguy933

Hey thanks but ya ill probibly be using flash 8 effects once im more skilled at it but ill save it as 7 for now.

Also, i tried the motion tween thing but it didnt work because wasnt sure where u meant or if im supose to add more action script? because what i did i just made another keyframe after it and made another motion tween of it going out but on the action layer i made theres a stop(); when the text scrolls in then i did motion tween after that maybe thats why one sec

thanks

Flasher
    Post your FLA.

um here it is, if you can make a transition out ill look at it and you can explain a little :P

thanks

here is link: http://www.s3.exoload.com/uploads/306/1143333063.fla

3 days later just keeping it near the top lol

because i posted my fla and ya :P
    The Nikon Alliance Show those 'Canon' nerds who's boss, join today!

Veggie,

You can play around with this one if you like. It was my 2nd attempt.

http://www.grantbarker.com/grant_bar...template2.html

Unless you can rip it - give me an email address and I'll mail you the fla.

(The music on it comes from a cd i paid for, so it mustn't be used if you use this template or whatever).

If you check out the actionscript - you will see how you can transition the different opening and closing of the pages. The same as they do on professional ones.

Feel free to do what you want with the template. (It is published for Flash 7).

Grant.
    Last edited by Prominence; 03-29-2006 at 03:47 AM.

Flasher
    Your bandwith limit kicked in for the FLA download, so I'll try again later .

~Sportzguy933

P.S.
    Prominence-
    Send a copy of that template's source this way (-email-)... some interesting stuff there.

-Thanks 8-)

oh cool i would love to take a look at it if i could make somthing like that i would be so happy lol

my email is VeggieS-G@hotmail.com

thanks man

oh and i wouldnt ever use someones work on the internet lol because i like to do things my self but thanks
    The Nikon Alliance Show those 'Canon' nerds who's boss, join today!