A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Insanely annoyign FLV problem

Insanely annoyign FLV problem

I'm having a stupidly annoying problem. This is for one of my diploma assigments, and its overdue, so I'm really annoyed I can't get it going. Bascially I have to have background audio in my project. So I've got a sound opbject looping 999 times or whatever, and I've got a volume control and on\off button to change volume, mute the audio, etc. Problem is, I also have a video in my project I imported as FLV and whenever I do anything to my sound object it does the same to the video. If I stop the sound object it stops the video, if I change the volume of the sound it changes the volume of the video. This is really annoyign cos I can't have the video and the background music playing at the same time. Any ideas? I've tried creating a sound object of the FLV with no luck, not sure if I'm doing it right.

Bascially I want my audio controls to not effect the vidoe at all so the background sound can be turned off to listen to the video. I've use one of the template video control things, so I want that to be used to control the sound for the video.

oh and I'm using Flash 8 .

Ok thanks for your help
    Last edited by Gman3k; 04-03-2006 at 07:13 PM.

I can't really tell without looking at your code but my guess is you're using the same identifier for too many things. Post the code for your sound and flv and I'll have a look.

Its not on this computer but its so basic I can rember it.

--to create the sound--
    bgMusic = new Sound();
    bgMusic.attachSound("bgmusic");
    bgMusic.start(0,99);
    --to change the volume, function called from when volume bar dragged, volChange is the variable of the new volume--
    function changeVol(){
    bgMusic.setVolume(_root.volChange);
    }

There is no code on the video. I just imported it and dragged it onto the stage.