Ok... I just need a little info here if anyone can help. And this may be somewhat of a novel to read, but i just want to be concise and hopefully figue out a good way to solve my issues... I have 5 swf files for each section of a site im making. So everything works all find and dandy, but Its just taking to long to load. soooo, i was wondering if like once the main/index swf loads, while the user is checking out the main page, that the other swf's could be preloading in the background? because right now you click a button to go to a section and then it just preloads that from there, and with the porfolio and another section being pretty big it can take a while with slower internet. So let me just show what i have..... so on the buttons (actually on frames but..) i have this script to load what ever seciton the user clicks:

{loadMovieNum("Portfolio.swf","1");
} "

and then i have a preloader on the the first frame of every section with this action script on the MC:

onClipEvent (load) {
if (_parent.getBytesTotal() == _parent.getBytesLoaded()) {
quickPlay = true;
} else {
preLoad = (_parent.getBytesTotal() * 0.75);
}
_parent.stop();
}

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
gotoAndStop(loadedIndicatorFrame());
if (quickPlay == true) {
if (_currentframe == _totalframes) {
_parent.play();
}
} else {
if (_parent.getBytesLoaded() >= preLoad) {
_parent.play();
}
}
}

and then inside the Loader MC i have this frame action (and my little animation) :

lastFrame = 1;

function loadedIndicatorFrame() {
var newFrame = int((_parent.getBytesLoaded() / _parent.getBytesTotal()) * 65) + 2;
if (newFrame - lastFrame > 4) { //too far
lastFrame += 4;
loadedText = int(_parent.getBytesTotal() / 1024 * (lastFrame - 2) / 65) + "kb of " + int(_parent.getBytesTotal() / 1024) + "kb";
} else if (newFrame - lastFrame > 0) { //normal move
lastFrame++;
loadedText = int(_parent.getBytesLoaded() / 1024) + "kb of " + int(_parent.getBytesTotal() / 1024) + "kb";
} else { //update the text only
loadedText = int(_parent.getBytesLoaded() / 1024) + "kb of " + int(_parent.getBytesTotal() / 1024) + "kb";
}
return lastFrame;
}

So realy im not sure if this is the best way to do it. I just want to know if you can load other movies while the main one is just idle... or if i should use scenes and can work it faster that way? Im kind of anal and really dont want to take out any graphics or degrade the quality. any help would be GREATLY appreciated! And if you want i can attach the swf's to check them out or whatever.. Thanks