A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Whats your favorite viewing system?

Whats your favorite viewing system?

What is your favorite image/project viewing system that you have seen? Maybe its simple and straight forward, or maybe it uses some type of drag and drop functionality, or something really unique.

I tend to like this one, although not everything about it. I like the design, but i dont like how the whole screen is taken over when you view a project. Some may however, prefer this because it puts total focus on the project, which is a valid point. At the same time, it does allow for multiple thumbnails, which is a plus, and doesnt require you to have to click on a tiny square or something of the like to view the project.

Pretty Good

Thoughts on project/viewing systems?

Thanks!

Thats an awful website... it doesn't load correctly for me in firefox.

Is this your site? Whats wrong with having a website load in a normal browser window?

I liked that web site. And it all loaded for me in firefox, very smooth scrolling and nice use of colours.

My thoughts on viewing systems:

Originality introduces functionality

hang on this is the coffee lounge, let me re-phrase

Get yer ass over to the web forum, we don't take kindly to your folk round 'ere
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

Wow, I think "Aweful" is a bit harsh, but to each his own. Thats what this is all about.

No its not a site that i created.. i just liked how the projects were presented, which is what im asking about.

For instance project 20, has a video, its for BMW. I liked how the 'project block' had a video player built into it, but it was kinda hidden until you needed it. I like the idea of hidden controls under one 'viewer' until you need them. for instance if youre viewing an image library show a next an prev button, then when you view a related video present some video controls. it seems to keep the clutter down, and the user doesnt have to move around too much to view different types of content.

Know what im sayin'?

Also, should be cool in FF - i have 1.5 and its all good.
    Last edited by sharey; 04-04-2006 at 07:52 PM.

Originality introduces functionality
    Thanks for the reply...

So what do you mean by this..? I could see a unique system coming from a solution to a problem (ie show off a project with video/pics) this seems oposite of what you're saying... is my interpretation correct, or is your point of view different.

Thanks again, hope to hear back...

i wasnt a big fan of that site either. it shouldnt be necessary to use that much space to show that information and the wheel mouse scrolling wasnt programmed in.

i wasnt a big fan of that site either. it shouldnt be necessary to use that much space to show that information and the wheel mouse scrolling wasnt programmed in.
    Right on. What presentation systems have you enjoyed in the past.. for presenting projects/ images/ video etc.

Also, dont feel obligated to focus on that site exclusivly, that wasnt my intention.

Thanks

PS.
    I too dont like the fact that you cant scroll with the mouse wheel. Probably ie only.

Why do you call this a "presentation/viewing system"? It's a website that showcases their work (aka portfolio).

I like this, and I don't like it. It does take a lot of space and take over my browser/screen, but at the same time I like the simplicity and balance. To each his own, though.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

i enjoyed the old www.praystation.com "presentations". not crazy about the version he has up now but some of the previous ones were cool and effective, imo.

Why do you call this a "presentation/viewing system"? It's a website that showcases their work (aka portfolio).
    Because it doesnt need to be limited to a portfolio site showing off work. it could be a photo gallery of a car, that you enjoyed etc.

Do any stick out in your mind that you've seen before, and why...

Ok, I think I get what you're saying.

In which case wordpress would be my favorite. I've seen it put to use as a blog(duh), portfolio, image gallery, and general website. All looked the part.

Originality introduces functionality, I’m not really sure how else to put it. An original idea for navigation will create its own form of functionality which supports its original idea.

So when you have an original idea for a web site its functionality is created and supports it, functionality is created around the idea.

I’m not really sure what I’m saying or if I’m saying it right.
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

What is that connect program in your projects? looks JUST like itunes...that is such a rip.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

connect is sony's response to itunes, and I don't think that's his site.

What a shame Sony...
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

i didnt like it, it was slow loading, far to dark without a light color to balance it out, just seemed sorta dull, like a library. also i didnt stay long as having a window that i cant maximise and minimize, or size to fit with other things im looking at really makes it a turn off.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.