dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Right & Left Mouse click Navigation!

Right & Left Mouse click Navigation!

I am doing a cd rom presentation for a client and at the moment they can sroll through each section, going forwards or backwards with the left and right arrow keys on the keyboard.

They have come back and asked if they can navigate to the next pages by clicking on the mouse.

The going forward bit is easy but was wondering if it is possible to asign a backwards comand to the right mouse button?

Can anyone please let me know if this is possible and if so what the scripting would be?

Thanks

Dan

It is not possible with flash alone.

It may be possible with one of the 3rd party tools- I seem to remember Multidmedia's Zinc can handle right mouse button clicks.

The flash .exe can only be given a custom right-click menu- one of the options in this menu you could make "back" but that does require 2 clicks instead of one.

The final option would be to put a hidden back/fwd menu on the stage that become visible when the mouse hovers over an area- then the presenter can (left) click whichever direction he wants.
    Hariyemadzisawira nhaka yedu! Down the SCUD and win!
    I'm too lazy to read Private Messages.

thanks

thanks... thought that may be the case. Anyway have decided to do a double click to go back instead.

Dan