A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash movie problems..

flash movie problems..

hi all..

i have a problem with one of the flash movies i have created. It is more like a presentation with some slides. There are buttons to move back and forth between these slides with the folowing AS in use:

next_btn.onRelease = function() {
    gotoAndStop(_currentframe+1);

now, the problem is that while the mobies plays fine on my system where i created it and a few other systems that i have etsted it on, it does not on some other systems... even with the flash player 8 installed. am clueless as to why that is happening. additionally, i have soem movies imported into the file (converted them as FLV's from the native avi format). on some of the systems, the movies do not play as well... the problem occurs on random systems...

any ideas..?

When you say "systems" what exactly you mean, different computers?
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

oops.. sorry for not making myself more clear... yeah, systems refers to different (Windows) computers.. the main problem is the movies not playing on some of them... the (avi) movies have been imported into flash as flv... they work perfectly on some of the machines here, but not on others... i have looked into the configurations of these machines and there appears to be no order.. it just appears to be randomly working fine on some while not so on others...

while importing the videos, i had employed the "On2 VP6" codec... cud that be a reason..? i am currently trying to re-import the videos using the "Sorenson Sparc" codec... let's see if that cud be a reason..??!!

You may want to check this article:

http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/fla..._guide_02.html

Using the On2 VP6 codec seems to be the better solution.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -