dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Inconvenient Truth

sophisticated

An Inconvenient Truth

Have you seen the trailer?

There's always this thing with documentarys - you never know if they're just manipulating the facts. Global warming... is it real at all? There was this talk show on russian TV and the subject was "Is democracy a tool of expansion?" (and everyone agreed it is). Well maybe "global warming" is somethig similar, only targeted directly to US...

Registered pseudo intellectual
    Wow, what a ****ty title for a film.

Global warming is real. Whether the west is the cause of it, or the cause of a premature inevitability, or whether there is anything we can do to completly stop it, nobody really knows.

targeted directly to US
    A little ego-centric there? Global warming affects everyone- not only the US.

You may be feeling a little more criticised than other countries though- as your country ( amongst others) has failed to ratify the Kyoto Protocol- and the US is responsiible for the largest percentage of the pollution and emmissions that are responsible for global warming. And, of course, there is the fact that your president has denied that global warming exists.
    Hariyemadzisawira nhaka yedu! Down the SCUD and win!
    I'm too lazy to read Private Messages.

Dear World, Game Over.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog Photos Book

sophisticated
    Quote Originally Posted by scudsucker
    A little ego-centric there? Global warming affects everyone- not only the US.

You may be feeling a little more criticised than other countries though- as your country ( amongst others) has failed to ratify the Kyoto Protocol- and the US is responsiible for the largest percentage of the pollution and emmissions that are responsible for global warming. And, of course, there is the fact that your president has denied that global warming exists.
    no no, I'm not American and you got me all wrong I'm just saying that if US uses "democracy" as a tool of expansion, then can it be that the rest of the world uses "global worming" as a... countermeasure? You know, like a new Cold War, only this time US against... the World...

Official Vermont Photo Mod WannaBe_80z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nordberg
    Dear World, Game Over.
    hahaha

"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

my house is no more than 2 or 3 feet above sea level.
    i don't wanna move!

if just greenland loses its ice, the oceans will rise 24 feet.
    if antarctica looses its ice, the oceans will rise 240 feet.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog Photos Book

Oooh, so Mother Nature needs a favor?! Well maybe she should have thought of that when she was besetting us with droughts and floods and poison monkeys! Nature started the fight for survival, and now she wants to quit because she's losing. Well I say, hard cheese.

rofl Yeah Screw mother nature...
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

whats that mother nature? your gonna flood us? well i say bring it on, i can swim *****.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

To this earth, we are just a virus. If she ever wanted to, she could shake us like a common cold.

Yay, global warming. From what I've read, it was a period of global warming some 5 million years ago that caused our monkey ancestors to come down out of the trees and learn to walk upright. The rest you know.

So maybe this time, we learn to grow fins and swim with the fishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ask The Geezer
    So maybe this time, we learn to grow fins and swim with the fishes.
    I doubt it. I have no scientific proof of it, but I think men are not evolving anymore. We've pass that task to technology: in the latest century, men can run faster, think faster, do everything faster, but a lot has to do with the technologies we've developed. People may be bigger, stronger, but that's because of the research people have done to provide better food, artificial food, etc.

Very well explained in space odyssey: our evolution depends on tools, without tools we are nothing (and that's not just now, but from the moment our ancestors invented tools). If someone wouldn't have noticed that we can use sharp stones to kill things, probably we'd have evolved to have big claws.

If the wheather gets too cold, we won't evolve to handle that wheather, we'll just buy better jackets. It's too hot, we'll buy a better AC. It's that simple, our connection with nature is atrophied, leaving us with no natural weapons against nature. The moment we don't have the right technology to fight mom nature, and we depend on ourselves to adapt, I bet we'll die.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

A centry is nowhere near long enough to make note of any evolutionary changes in man. Bugs maybe, but not the higher animals. Early humans, neandertals, had more hair, cause they lived in the last big ice age.

And we are not the only tool users. There are monkeys that use stones to break open hard nuts, birds that use stones to break open hard shellfish, chimps using stems of grass to fish for termites. There are even crabs that glue bits of seaweed to it's shell for camoflage.

If we go into a period of global warming, and it's caused by man, I'm pretty sure it will right itself after a large percentage of man dies in the floods. If you raise the sea level by 400 feet, there's going to be a lot less land to walk on or grow crops on. It's a sad fact that most humans live very close to the ocean. Where are they going to go if the sea rises? Most are going to die, cause most of the world is already too full to feed our population with any less space than we have right now. Hell, we can't even feed half of them now, with what we do have.

And maybe that will be enough to trigger some evolution in man, like getting rid of our arogance?

Actually argo we are still evolving.
    a study I read a few years ago showed that we might eventually loose our big toes to evolution. So while we're not evolving in any ... pretty or..seemingly necessary way we are still evolving.

If we go into a period of global warming, and it's caused by man, I'm pretty sure it will right itself after a large percentage of man dies in the floods. If you raise the sea level by 400 feet, there's going to be a lot less land to walk on or grow crops on. It's a sad fact that most humans live very close to the ocean. Where are they going to go if the sea rises? Most are going to die, cause most of the world is already too full to feed our population with any less space than we have right now. Hell, we can't even feed half of them now, with what we do have.
    Actually, more people are predicted to die from the diseased waters full of corpses that would die in the actual floods.

As a world we actually can feed the world. It's rediculous programs like food for oil that prevent it.

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN
    Actually, more people are predicted to die from the diseased waters full of corpses that would die in the actual floods.

As a world we actually can feed the world. It's rediculous programs like food for oil that prevent it.
    That proved to be not the case in last years tsunami or in New Orleans.

And what has 2 million starving Ethiopians have to do with oil for food? Or the half billion Indians living on starvation diets?

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scudsucker
    and the US is responsiible for the largest percentage of the pollution and emmissions that are responsible for global warming.
    The U.S. is responsible for the largest percentage of Man Made pollution and emmisions that are classified as global warming.

The earth turns out more crap than the u.s., or even man, can ever possibly dream of producing.

Concerning Global Warming... the rise in temperature over the past 150 years, about a degree, is well within the margin of error of a few degrees.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

The U.S. is responsible for the largest percentage of Man Made pollution and emmisions that are classified as global warming.
    Not for long. China is right on the edge of passing us, in a big way.

But I use to think that what man does to the environment couldn't hold a candle to what a single volcano puts into the air when it farts. Turns out I was way wrong. Man puts more junk into the air than any other phenomenon, volcanoes included.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Man puts more junk into the air than any other phenomenon, volcanoes included.
    nope.

Man puts some exotic crap in the air, but by tonnage of h20, co2, nitrous and methane we arn't much of anything.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.