A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 4/11/06 = Boo; Go get your FlashObject script.

perpetually bored

4/11/06 = Boo; Go get your FlashObject script.

If you don't have it yet go get it.

http://blog.deconcept.com/flashobject/

This technically fits the description of spam, but it looks useful and it's free so I'm going to leave it until and unless I am otherwise motivated to remove it.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

perpetually bored
    spam?

I have no affiliation with the creator of the script. I just think it is a very useful script for any flash developer who is looking to counter the activex changes in IE.

It's a free, open source script... chill out.

I think this is a big deal that people are not yet grasping the impact on all of the sites out there that use the <object> tag to embed flash content. We have thousands of pages that have this and now after the update to IE they require "click to activate" in order to function properly....VERY ANNOYING! I noticed your link has a link inside it to an DW Extension. I am going to download it and try it out. Hopefully this will make updating the pages quicker....maybe?

perpetually bored
    The extension will probably speed devel time but not by so much... this script takes so few lines of code to put into action it's easy enough to use as is. I have to say that even if the changes to IE weren't made, I would still use this script. Imo, it offers superior handling of version checking than the MM script, cleans up my code, and offers an easy way to provide non-flash content should I so desire. It's great to use... and if you look around, a lot of major studios are starting to use this script.