A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: FLV Progressive download, missing from website. tried everything!

FLV Progressive download, missing from website. tried everything!

www.anotherwebsite.net

that's my new site. please open it and go motion>unkle>watch. the page changes properly to the right one, but where the big blank page is on the right, next to the 'back' button, should be a 466x350 flv with the clear external play/seek/mute controls. however, it's not there.

i imported it using the import video command in flash 8, chose progressive download, chose my source video (Quicktime Animation .mov export from an flash project), chose the default settings for Medium compression, and chose the button set. it spat out the .flv and the button set .swf, both of which join the main .swf and index.html on my server, all in the same top-level directory. that's all that's currently on there.

i'm running out of time now, and everybody (including myself) appears to be stumped!

any ideas, folks?

is it showing locally? if it is then your problem is most likely: http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/kn...fm?id=tn_19439
    Flashmatics | Flashmatics Library (free downloads)
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Latest Projects:
    The Dead Room | Are You Smarter | Prison Break (Frame A Friend) | Beck's Fusions | The 24 Experience

Flash Certified Developer

locally, like, does it show up when i hit command+enter for a preview in flash? then still no.

it shows up in the editable .fla in flash, but as soon as i want to play it, it's absent.

hmm in fact you cant actually see an flv in an .fla, you can only see the flv at runtime... you can only see embedded movies within the authoring environment...it seems you may be doing something wrong... have u used flvs befores?
    I'm assuming you have created netConnection, netStream objects etc ?
    Flashmatics | Flashmatics Library (free downloads)
    Latest Projects:
    The Dead Room | Are You Smarter | Prison Break (Frame A Friend) | Beck's Fusions | The 24 Experience

Flash Certified Developer

ah. no. this is the first time i've attempted to put video on the net, and it's by no means turning out to be easy.

EDIT: ah i see what you mean, no, i can't view the movie in the timeline, but i can see the positioning of it, and the dormant buttons. that was what i meant....