dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Blurry Text - Why?

Blurry Text - Why?

I've rounded to the nearest integer, set to static, have it on bitmap text option, button is it integer as well and still blurry. I have about 50 other buttons in the movie using the same thing and none of them are blurry.

I don't understand why sometimes a buttons text will just refuse to come on clear.

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    Here are a few links that may explain the problem you're having...

http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Te...-893/index.php
    and
    http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Ti...-673/index.php

Hope this helps!!
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

Yep.. I've done all that stuff. It doesn't make sense. Sometimes if I take the button that is blurry, copy it and paste it back on the timeline in the same spot it will fix it, but sometimes it won't.

Doesn't make much sense. Projects are such a pain because of this alone.

can't you just make another button?
    When you actually know what "OMG I have so much homework!" means, you won't want to be me.
    Xrave

Well, it keeps happening and it takes time to keep making new buttons (plus this doesn't fix it most of the time). This movie has a lot of buttons and in general I want to figure out the problem.

It seems like sometimes they are fine until I add motion tweeing to themm

:"((
    Sometimes things just don't work out for any reason. I recently tried to make a movie using a book i lented from my local libary. I cannot make the tutorial complete anyhow, nomatter what i try.

Just stamp your foot and get on with life.
    When you actually know what "OMG I have so much homework!" means, you won't want to be me.
    Xrave

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    What version are you using? I know Flash 8 uses the new Saffron rendering engine which is supposed to handle aliasing much better.

Also, you can find a supply of reliable pixel fonts (some free ones) at www.miniml.com with intended size of 8 pts. and also at www.fontsforflash.com

Also, if your movie is scaled at all, that can cause problems, so you can use Stage.scaleMode = "noScale"; on frame 1.

Hope that helps...

If not, a sledgehammer always works well on those stubborn bugs... ...
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.